First Post of Soli Deo Gloria!

Hello, one and all, and welcome to my new blog, Soli Deo Gloria!

   If you haven't visited my About Me page yet, then I'll let you hop on over there and check it out (if you wanna to know more about me, of course. 😉) If not (which is absolutely fine too), then I hereby present to you the very first post of this blog!

    So if you did check out my About Me page, then you also learned a little bit about this blog and why I named it "Soli Deo Gloria". But today, to kick off this insane blogging journey of mine, I wanna share the actual reason of why I decided to start a blog in the first place. (Yes, if you think about it, there's a difference). 😉So grab some popcorn and chocolate and whatever else will keep you from falling asleep while reading this  and let's begin!!!

    It all started one lovely day around this time last year. When the big ol' lockdown happened, life didn't change too much for me since I was already homeschooled, but we did have social activities that were cancelled, so I was obviously stranded at home with much more spare time (just like everyone else). 

    And it was THEN when I discovered blogs.

    Okay technically I had already discovered blogs.....like, two years earlier. BUT it was in 2020 when I actually got more involved with the blogging community by commenting, subscribing/following, and getting to know online friends.

    So why now of all times (besides the fact that I was under house arrest for six months)? 

    Well, one of the main reasons was because a super awesome friend of mine told me she started a blog (which you should TOTALLY check out HERE!!!) and I really wanted to subscribe to it! ('Cause what are friends for, amiright?) And thus began my first step out into the big wide world of blogging. 

    After that, I commented and subscribed to all of my favorite blogs and lemme tell ya, it was actually pretty nerve-wracking to publish those first few comments. I had never done anything with social media before, so it felt like the WHOLE WORLD knew I existed when I commented (especially on some of the popular blogs). But after a while, I stopped reading each of my comments 20 times to catch any spelling errors, punctuation mistakes, etc. before publishing it and the blogging community felt right at home!

    Like, SUPER at home. And soon I started seriously thinking about making it a more permanent one. 

    Soooo, after about a year of getting to know all of my FANTABULOUS online friends, much procrastination *cough* I mean work, and several months of planning, here I am at last with Soli Deo Gloria! Like I said on my About Me page, the reason I called this blog Soli Deo Gloria, is to glorify God in whatever I write over here. But I also wanted to call it that as a reminder for me (and others) to glorify and give thanks to God in ALL circumstances, even a global pandemic. 'Cause guess what? 

    Without COVID, I might have not gotten involved with the blogosphere more. Without COVID, I might've not met all of my amazing blogger friends. Without COVID, I might've not started this blog. 

    But because of it, I did. 

    And sure, I'm not very good at being thankful in not-so-fun situations, but we have to remember that whatever we're walking through is happening for a reason. So, let's keep in mind to give thanks to God and glorify Him, through both the sunshine and the shadows! 

    Also, before signing off, I wanna give a HUGE thank you to all of the AWESOME bloggers out there who helped me get through 2020 (even if you didn't know it 😉)! You guys mean the world to me and I'm SOOO glad I've gotten to know you!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Tally ho, friends!

    Soooooo, question time!!! What was one thing (or more) that was a blessing in 2020 for you? Did you do anything new for the first time last year? Also, if anyone has some blog post suggestions I'm all ears! (I actually already have a pretty long list, but if I'm gonna blog for more than five months I could use some more!) 😆



 

Comments

  1. Girl, it is honestly SO exciting to be the one commenting on YOUR blog. ;) I LOOOOOVE your blog SOOO MUCH!!!!! I think your purpose behind Soli Deo Gloria to glorify God in whatever your write is SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! And I'm sooo excited to see you kick of your blogging journey!! I'm always cheering you on all the way! *throws out party streamers and waves pom poms and gives you a big ole pile of chocolate* *Maybe sneaks a few pieces of said chocolate for herself* A huge blessing in 2020 for me (besides starting my own blog and writing Into the Lamp) was getting to meet you!!!!!! *hugs* You're one of the best friends a slightly insane girl could ask for!!!! <3333 Hmmm....post suggestion ideas???? *deep in thought* You could do a post about your novel! Those are always sooo fun to read. Well, I can't think of any other ones right now, but if/when I do I'll be sure to let you know!!!!! <333 Again I'm just SO excited and proud of you girl!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Issabelle!!! THANK YOU A THOUSAND TIMES OVER!!!!!! Your whole comment is making me grin so hard! I'm soooo excited to kick this journey off especially with you and Kat by my side! :D *catches party streamers and eats chocolate* XD Awww, those blessings are awesome!!!! Meeting you has been one of the biggest blessings for me too this year (and you're one of the best friends a VERY insane girl (as in me not you) ;P could ask for)!!! XD Ooooh, YES!!!! That's an AWESOME idea! I'll TOTALLY do it! Thank you again sooo much for everything, girl! <333

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy you started a blog!!!!! :D :D Your blogging story is very similar to mine. When COVID hit and I suddenly had so much free time, my first plan was to make a new rug for my room (I had started on it too). Then I created a blog and multiple months later my room still doesn't have a new rug. XD But like you said, the blogosphere does feel like home!!! I have been so blessed to meet such AMAZING people through the blogosphere!!!!!!!<3 I don't know where I would be without you, girl!!!! Thank you for your friendship!!!!!<333333 Oh, and to answer your second question, something I did for the first time last year was write a blog post (which you probably already guessed that XD).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I'm sooo happy too! :D Woah, REALLY?!?! That's awesome! LOL, I totally get that. There have been a countless number of times when I start something and never finish it (or at least it takes me until I'm, like, 70 to finish it)! XD Awwww, girl, thank you so much!!! :D I'm SOOO blessed to have you as a friend too and would be SO lost in the blogging world without you and Issa!! XD <33333 Lololol, I guess I can say that's something new I did THIS year!!! XD

      Delete
  3. Aaaahhhh Victoria has a blog now. THIS IS SO THRILLING!!! And it looks absolutely gorgeous. *heart-eyes*

    I am so happy you found something that brings so much joy to you during the pandemic. 2020 was...not great BUT I totally agree that a lot of good things came from it. I found many blessings through the hard times. I love your attitude of being thankful for everything. So beautiful!

    Blogging has been SUCH a blessing for me, and I do hope it will be one for you too. This community is just a delightful one. So... *pulls out welcome cookies* WELCOME TO THE BLOGGING COMMUNITY!!!! So thrilled to have you here! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH, Christine!!!!! This whole comment has TOTALLY made my day and AHHH!!! My grin is just so big right now!!! :D

      Yes, I absolutely agree. 2020 did have its hard moments (and, being 100% human, I definitely wasn't thankful during it the WHOLE time) but I think putting myself in this mindset will help me to do better (hopefully). ;) And I'm SO glad that you found some blessings last year too!!! <333

      D'awwww!!! *eats welcome cookies* XD Thank you again SOOO much, Christine!!! Having you stop by means the world to me and I'm so, so thrilled to join the blogging community too! :D


      Delete
  4. A blessing in 2020? Well, I would say that even know I wish Covid hadn't come, it did do me some good. For example, I got to spend more time with my family!! XD. Last year in December, I started my first blog, and early this year I started my second, so that was something new!
    Welcome to the Blogosphere!!!! (Oh and if I have any ideas of posts, I'll let y'all know!! XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, girl!! Lol, I have a feeling family quality time got hyped up a notch for a lot of people! XDD Oooh, that's awesome! I just visited your blog and it's so cool!!! D'awww, thank you a million, Alexa! (Ooh, ok, thanks!!!) :D

      Delete
  5. Victoria! I'm so excited to be here for your new blog! You are seriously the greatest - can't wait to see what you post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy!!! Thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!! Awww, you're the greatest too, girl! Your excitement means so much to me! :D

      Delete
  6. VICTORIAAA!!!!! I can't even describe how excited I am to see your blog up!!! *shoots off confetti cannon* Blogging is such an amazing adventure, and I can't wait to see where God takes you with this!!! Keep shining for Jesus in all that you do, sweet friend! I'm SO EXCITED to see more of your posts!!!! ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SIERRAAA!!!!! (That's you, right? XD If not, that's totally my bad! I don't know why it came up as unknown (unless that's what the "anonymous" setting looks like and I just blew your cover. XD)) BUT ANYWAY. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! *dances in confetti* I can't wait to see where God takes me with this too!!! :D It's gonna be one wild journey, but definitely well-worth it! Awww, thank you!!! Keep shining your light for Jesus, too, girl! <333

      Delete
    2. Haha, yes this was me! I have no clue why it came up as anonymous...but I'm glad you knew who I was anyways!! ;)
      (I THINK I signed in differently this time, so HOPEFULLY it'll come up with my name now. :P xD)

      Delete
    3. Whoo-hoo!!! It works!! XD Lolol, I'm glad I recognized you too! (Must be from our years of pen paling!) ;P

      Delete
  7. HEY HEY!!! I'm a little late, but WELCOME TO THE BLOGOSPHERE!!! *showers you in confetti and ice cream*
    I can already tell this blog is going to be AMAZING!
    (oh my goodness, so it wasn't just me who freaked out about making those first comments??? AHHH I can't tell you how long I spent obsessing over every detail of my first comments---and now... now I just throw them at people XD But in the beginning it was SO HARD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY, HEY to you too!!! Awwww THANK YOU SOOO MUCH, Julia!!!!! *jumps around in confetti and eats ice cream* XD This whole comment has totally made my day!!!!!
      (WAIT. YOU FREAKED OUT OVER COMMENTS TOO????? I thought that was just me!!!! XD Lololol, same! Now that I've had practice I'm just like "eh, who cares that I made a mistake? They know what I'm trying to say." But YES, the beginning was SOOO difficult (especially for a perfectionist like me!)) XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Daylight: A 9/11 Short Story// Interview With Author Grace A. Johnson!

Ch. 2: The Time I...Traveled to the 1700s (Feat. My Vacation to Colonial Williamsburg)

I'm Leaving the Blogosphere?