Twenty Years Older: A Letter Tag

     Hello again, my little minions! Today you and I will time travel. (YES. You heard me right.) 

    A while back, Maith from her TOTALLY EPIC blog, Maith's Musings, I order you to click the link tagged me for the TOTALLY EPIC "Twenty Years Older: A Letter Tag" tag!!! Yeah...I didn't really know how to phrase that right. XD This basically means that I have to pretend to be my future self writing a letter to my past/present self and ultimately murder my brain from the inevitable confusion. 

    Sounds fun, amiright? 

    Here are the rules (Also, Gauri from Brighter Alleys invented this awesome tag if you wanna go back and read the original post!):

    i) Appreciate the blogger who nominated you. 

    ii) Mention Gauri@BrighterAlleys, creator of this letter tag. 

    iii) Answer the question, which is a task to write a letter. 

    iv) Now, nominate five bloggers who you think are worth it. Make sure they know that they are nominated.  

    Before we get started, here's an easier explanation of how the letter works: Imagine yourself to be twenty years older than now. You have become what you always wanted to, and are living your dream. But suddenly, the 'current version of you' pops out of nowhere and asks for some tips. What tips will you give? Write a letter from the 'twenty years older you' to the 'current you' and tell how you reached your goals in twenty years.

    *takes deep breath* Okey-dokie, younger self! Here we go!!

    Dear callow Victoria,

        First of all, yes, I just called you "callow". (Deal with it--I was trying to come up with something creative.) Second, I'm very concerned with the fact that you time-traveled twenty years into the future. For goodness sake, you know how dangerous that is after watching The Flash and all of those other sci-fi movies. *shakes head* It's complicated business and I don't recommend doing that again. You do realize what could happen if you pull another Marty McFly and end up disarranging the timeline, right? But I suppose you did have a decent reason to, so I should probably get started on sharing some of those tips you asked for.

    Now, may I first say, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Turns out, you have reached your goals and become what you always wanted to. (Which I probably shouldn't have said due to those time-travel rules, but I suppose it's too late for that.) But what I will say is, you didn't become the person who you are now (A.K.A me) by yourself. Now, listen up young Padawan, because this is important: You had help. You had the help, support, and encouragement from your family, friends, mentors, and most of all God. And without them, I'm honestly not sure where you would be right now. (Although, I'd like to imagine that you would've ended up as a hermit chilling out in New Zealand.) 😉 But with them and their help, you have succeeded far more than you could ever imagine. I will say, becoming who you are today wasn't all rainbows and flowers and unicorns, but instead it was a challenge. There were times that you felt like giving up, pushing everything or everyone away, and eating ice cream for the rest of your days while plotting ways to destroy the lives of all of your little book characters (because they rebelled against you too). But then someone, usually your mom, would come and give you a hug or a pep talk and remind you that God has a plan for your life and to keep trusting Him no matter what happens. Because, while people and things can let you down, you need to always remember that God won't. He'll be the solid rock to lean on when life gets tough and sometimes He'll be the only thing keeping you from giving up and becoming that New Zealand hermit. 

    SO. I feel like I rambled on just then and I apologize for that. (Clearly, I'm no less talkative even twenty years later.) But, in a nutshell of what I just mentioned, my tips for you are to: 

  1. Always accept help. Don't be prideful and push people away when you need them. Remember, you have friends and family right around the corner for support and God is always with you. 
  2. Don't give up when life gets hard and constantly ask God for guidance even if you feel like you don't need it. ('Cause trust me, you probably do.) He'll show you what to do and give you wisdom if you ask for it. 
  3. Ice cream and chocolate will make you feel better, but don't gorge on it while dramatically killing off your characters. Doing that on a sugar high just...doesn't sound smart. 
  4. Don't time-travel again or you'll regret it. 'Nuff said. 
    Oh, and to end on a lighter note, enjoy your life and don't waste it! God made you for a reason and remember to always glorify Him through both life's ups and downs and through the sunshines and the shadows! (Yes, I still remember that even if I may or may not still be blogging.) 😉I hope I've given you some helpful tips, my dear Victoria, and I know you'll succeed in life with whatever God has planned for you! ('Cause, well, I'm living it right now, so that says something!)

    With love and many tally-hoes,
    Your older, much wiser, and less callow self, 
    Victoria

    Thank you again, Maith, for nominating me!! I had a lot of fun writing this letter and it actually gave me a lot of things to reflect on! Now I nominate:
    Aaaand, whoever else wants to do it can considered themselves nominated too! This was such a delightful tag and I would highly recommend doing it if you want to!!! (But if you don't, that's perfectly fine too!) 😉 I hope you enjoyed this post and had fun reading my future advice to my current self! XD

Tally-ho!

    Soooo, if your future self could tell your younger self something what would it be? Have you ever seen any movies or TV shows that include time-travel? Do you know what the word "callow" means? Let's chat all about it down below! 

Comments

  1. If my future self gave me advice, it would probably be: stop being afraid of germs and do something adventurous for once. *cough* I'm very germaphobic, so that sounds like not-so-callow advice.
    Yes, I've seen The Flash (please tell you-know-who to stop time-traveling!!!!!) and Back to the Future. And Avengers: Endgame, my favorite time-travel movie. Minus fat Thor. *cringes*
    Thank you for giving me a new favorite word. I love 'callow'. XD (You forced me to look it up in the dictionary...)
    Thanks for doing this epic tag! GREAT job...and may the force be with you, or whatever. *salutes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aahahaha!!! That sounds like good advice to me! ;)
      Oooh, YES!!! Those are my favorite time travel movies/shows too! (Hah! I wish I could! *sighs and shakes head at you-know-who* XD You'd think he'd learn by now...)
      Why you're very welcome! *bows* Lol, I love it now too! XP
      Awww, thank YOU for reading, girl! And I must say, your comment had me laughing my head off over here... XD May the force be with you too! *salutes back* ;)

      Delete
  2. Ice cream, chocolate, and dramatically killing off my characters sound good to me! XD
    I actually had never heard the word "callow" before, so I googled the definition. Google definition: "(of a young person) inexperienced and immature." Makes sense in the context you used it.
    I only remember one time-travel movie I saw. It was the Hallmark movie "Journey Back to Christmas" starring Candace Cameron Bure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! IKR!?!?!
      Lol, yeah, I had never heard of it before until I googled synonyms for "young". (I also thought it was interesting how it means "flightless" or something like that for birds!) XD
      Ooooh, I don't think I've seen that one, but I really like Candace Cameron Bure's movies so I'll have to check it out! ;)

      Delete
  3. Wowwwww!!!!!!! Amazing letter Victoria!! I loved reading this!!!
    Hope you accomplish whatever you aim for :)))
    Have a wonderful day <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I'm glad you liked it!
      Girl, that means so much to me! Thank you!! (I hope you do as well!) ;)
      Have an awesome day! <3

      Delete
  4. Oooh! This tag looks so much fun! I loved reading your letter, it was very entertaining!!! ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'awww, thank you, Chloe!!! Oh, it most definitely was! (I may or may not have had too much fun writing it...) XD Thank you so much for stopping by!! <3

      Delete
  5. Thank you for nominating me, Victoria!! This is such a neat idea! I'll see about getting around to this in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely welcome, girl!!! IKR!?! I've never seen anything like it before! If you do get around to doing it, I'll be excited to see your letter! :)

      Delete
  6. A SPOONFUL OF ICE CREAM MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL, IT HANDS-DOWN, NO QUESTION ABOUT IT, DOES. ;D

      Delete
  7. First off, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for the tag!!!! I will definitely be putting it on the list. (But I've gotta warn you, we're REALLY behind on tags so it might be a bit before we can get to it. I just wanted to tell you that so you didn't think we were forgetting it or not going to do it if we don't get to it for a while. :) Girl, I seriously LOVED your letter to yourself. You had me cracking up like crazy, girl. XD But, jokes aside, I really loved your advice to yourself, girl!! It was seriously inspiring and just sooo true!!! Hmmm if my future self told my younger self something it'd probably be that patience, hope, faith, and love are things worth fighting for even when its tempted to give into despair, anger, darkness, and hate. Idk why it's just something I think my older self would tell me. (And knowing me, I wouldn't listen and still have to learn it all the hard way. XD) YESS!!!! Well, one, and time travel wasn't the main theme of it. But I HIGHLY recommend checking out the movie Crimes and Mister Meanors. It's actually one of my FAVORITE movies!!! (But that's probably cuz it's a spy movie and I don't know why, but spy books/movies are just some of my favorite things!!!!) Oooo, but I did read a book once that had AWESOME time travel stuff in it, but it's not in print anymore. :,( I found it at the library and was really wanting to get a copy cuz I loved it so much, but yup, you can't buy the book anymore. Well, I didn't know what the word "callow" meant until reading this post, but I searched it so NOW I do!!!! *pumps fist in the air* But, yes, Victoria, AWESOME post, girl!!!!! <333

    Love your older, much wiser, and less callow friend,
    Issabelle. XD (*cough* I enjoyed that waaaaay too much. XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'RE SO WELCOME, GIRL!!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!! (Lol, don't worry! Whenever you can get to it is fine!!) ;) YAAAY!!! I'm so glad you think so!!! (I was hoping it'd be entertaining to read!) Awww, thank you! It was actually super thought-provoking to think of (*cough* pretty sure I just repeated myself there) XP and that's what made it so cool to do! OooOoooh, GIRL, that's AWESOME advice!!! I think that's a good reminder for all of us to have! (Hahaha, well, if we're being realistic the same goes for me too...) XD Whooaaa!!!! That sounds like an EPIC movie! (And YES TO SPYS!!!! That makes it 10000x cooler!!!) I'm totally gonna go check it out! :D Aw, man. *pouts* I would've LOVED to read that book! That's so sad how it's unavailable. :'( Haha! (I may or may not have intentionally held back the definition so people would have to look it up themselves...*evil cackles*). XD Awwww, THANK YOU SO MUCH GIRL!!!! I'm glad you loved it!!! <333

      Aaahahahaha!!!! I see what you did there! XPP Sneaky girl...*shakes head* XD
      (Lolol, yeah, that's not a surprise!) ;)

      Delete
  8. AHH! I think this is such a cool tag idea! Thank you very much for tagging me! I really can't wait to do it! #besttagever! Crossing fingers I can get to it soon! Aww yes, you had me laughing already at the "callow" part XD. I thought it was really cool to read this letter and the advice you gave to yourself! Yeah I can agree with you, killing off your characters on a sugar high......*laughs and shakes head* Oh, Victoria XD. But do remember that you are amazing Victoria and loved and will do great things! You are gonna change the world girl! You are already changing it!
    I have not see any movies with time traveling XD. At least not any off the top of my head. (I need to see Back to the Future though!) The only thing I can think of right now that relates to time traveling is this little game I made way back when I was a little kid with my friends and we would "time travel" to Candyland! (More like teleport but oh well)
    If my twenty year old self could tell my younger self something, it would be to not do things you regret and to figure out a way to stop being so anxious. (Because most times, the things you are scared of aren't really that scary.)
    I'm seriously so excited to do this tag! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR!?!?! Awww, you're so welcome!!!! YAAAY!!! I can't wait to see your letter!!! Haha, mission accomplished then! I'm glad it was fun to read! Hehehehehe...that's just crazy ole me!! XP Awwww, girl, thank you soooo much!!! You seriously have no idea how much that means to me! *tackle hugs* That's just made my day!! THANK YOU!!!
      Ooooh, you should! Time travel movies are awesome (even thought they can be pretty confusing...) XD Ah, YES! Back to the Future is like my dad's favorite movie! XD (I will say, it does have quite a bit of language, but other than that it's really good!) :) Haha, girl, that's awesome!!!! Candyland is such a fun game!
      Oh yeah!! That's great advice (and so true)!!!
      Awwww, I'm SOOO glad!!!! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with! <333

      Delete
  9. Wow, that's the voice of an awesome adult! And I loved the humour, and your way of explaining stuff to your younger self (aka you)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much Gauri!!!! I'm glad you found it fun to read! (And hey, you made it fun to do! This was such an epic tag you came up with!!) :D

      Delete
    2. Welcome Victoria! Your blog is lovely :))

      Delete
    3. Awwww, THANK YOU!!!!! That means so much to me, girl!! <33

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Daylight: A 9/11 Short Story// Interview With Author Grace A. Johnson!

Ch. 2: The Time I...Traveled to the 1700s (Feat. My Vacation to Colonial Williamsburg)

I'm Leaving the Blogosphere?