Three Thoughts From "I Still Believe" That Everyone Needs To Know

     Hello, friends! It's been a while since I've done a faith post, so I thought I'd share some thoughts inspired by the one and only movie I Still Believe!

Image Credit: IMDb

    My sisters and I first saw I Still Believe with some friends in the movie theater last year (right before everything shut down *coughs*) but wasn't able to reflect on the messages from the movie afterwards because I was still in an emotional wreck from trying not to start bawling in the middle of the theater. (Seriously, I would not recommend watching a sad movie in public if you don't want to deal with the struggle of keeping your tears in check. It's torture, lemme tell ya.) 
    Anyway, a couple weeks ago my parents went out one evening and left the house fatefully in the hands of my sisters and me. Thankfully, we didn't burn our lil' homestead to the ground while they were gone 'cause we decided to occupy ourselves with rewatching I Still Believe. (Why we wanted to have another sob-fest again, I have no idea...) XD However, because I was watching it for the second time, I was able to focus more on the messages expressed throughout the movie and was greatly impacted by some of them. 
    If you don't know what the movie is about, it basically tells the story of the Christian music artist, Jeremy Camp's, relationship with his first wife Melissa and their journey together when they found out she had cancer. Although the movie is definitely a heartbreaker, it also shows the powerful faith Melissa had throughout her battle with cancer and there were three main points I collected from the movie which has stayed with me since then. 

    1. God has a plan for every single person. 
    
         Think about it. There are 7.9 billion people in the world and God has a story written for each and every one of them. I'm a writer, but it would be absolutely impossible for me to come up with 7.9 billion characters who each have their own unique personality and their very own story. 
    But God has. He has a specific, incredible plan for each and every one of our lives.


    2. The plan God has for us is the BEST plan.

        Even though none of us know the story God has written for us, we can have full assurance that whatever happens, it will not only be for the best for us, but also for the world. Now, that obviously doesn't mean our lives will always be sunshine and rainbows, but it does mean that even on the darker and rougher days God will still stay steadfast and everything He has done is for a greater purpose. Isn't it comforting to know that we have Someone who will always look out for us and, if we've accepted Jesus as our Savior, He has already assured us a happy ending?


    3. We have to trust God with His plan. 

        As I said, whatever happens in our lives will only be for the greater good in the end, however, that can be pretty hard to remember when it's one of those everything-is-going-wrong-and-the-world-seems-to-hate-me-and-I-just-want-to-hide-in-my-bed-for-the-rest-of-my-life kind of days. Trust me, I've felt that and when it happens sometimes I just want to yell, "Why God? What good will come from this?" And in those moments it's really, really hard to trust God's plan for my life—even when I know deep down He has everything under control. Although, as hard as it can be, trusting God is one of the only things we can do sometimes. Our world may be crumbling apart and we may be at our lowest low which is when we just have to surrender everything—our doubts, fears, questions, anxieties—to the Lord. And even though that can be one of the most difficult things to do, if we remember that God holds our lives in his all-powerful hands, we will gain peace and be able to sleep better at night. Truly, it's during those times when our faith grows the strongest.


    So whatever you may be going through right now, especially if you're struggling in life, always remember that God has a plan for you, His plan is the best and will only be good for you, and that by trusting Him with that plan everything will get a little easier. 
    Those are the three main points I gathered from I Still Believe and if you haven't seen it, I highly encourage you to do so! Of course, if you have lost a loved one to cancer or some other illness, I would advise you to approach this movie with some caution because I do know some people did not enjoy it as much since it hit so close to home with their own lives. I Still Believe definitely is a more sensitive movie, but it's also very inspiring to see a glimpse of how one woman's life and her faith in God has been so impactful to hundreds across the globe. 



Tally-ho!

    So tell me! Have you seen I Still Believe? Did you ending up crying from it? (If you didn't, you must have a superpower.) XD Do you like to listen to Jeremey Camp's music? What's your favorite song of his? Any points you want to add to mine? Is there any way I can pray for you if you're going through a rough patch in life right now? 
 

 

Comments

  1. Aww, this seems like such a heart felt movie!! I love watching movies that make me cry (because I'm a huge cry baby) but I can agree with you, crying in public is torture. XD) There was one time in the movie theater where someone had just died and I had to pull my hood over my face so no one could see the tears. Yep, I'm officially a cry baby. XP

    But, back to the subject at hand, I think I would really enjoy watching this movie!! I love all the graphics (you made?) and all the points you made are beautiful. It really is amazing that out of the 7.9 billion people in the world, God knows each person's name. Melissa seems like a very wise, faithful person! I can't wait to watch this movie with my fam and watch their journey together!

    Also, if you wouldn't mind, a family friend's sister of ours in sick in the hospital with Covid and looks like she won't make it. It would be amazing if you could maybe pray for their family? I know that would really help. Is there anyway that I can pray for you, Victoria?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!!! GIRL, ME TOO!!! (Although, I usually have to be in the right mood for one.) ;) Oh my goodness, that's HILARIOUS!!! XDD I could see myself doing that...XP *cackles* We should start a cry baby club then! ;P

      I think you would love it!! Awww, thank you! (Yeah, I made them!) :) I know!!! God is so amazing and the fact that we're best friends with the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE always blows my mind. XD Oh most definitely! I would love to be like her as get older. Awww, you'll have to tell me what you think of it when you do!!!

      Oh my goodness, YES, I will DEFINITELY pray for their family! A family friend of ours actually got Covid a few weeks ago and was hospitalized, so I completely understand what y'all are going through. Awww, thank you so much for asking!! Prayers for the friend I just mentioned would be very helpful too (she's thankfully on the road for recovery as far as we know, but it's still very slow going) and then also that God would keep my family and I healthy. Covid has gotten pretty bad where we live, so we're just praying for wisdom with how to proceed with certain things while staying safe. :) If you ever need prayers for anything else, just lemme know!! <333

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Daylight: A 9/11 Short Story// Interview With Author Grace A. Johnson!

Ch. 2: The Time I...Traveled to the 1700s (Feat. My Vacation to Colonial Williamsburg)

I'm Leaving the Blogosphere?