Character Interview with Valor from Between the Lines!

 

    I’m finally back from my unannounced two week plus two day hiatus that I honestly didn't mean to take! *cough, cough, hacks* ANYWAY. That ain’t important. What is important is that, surprise, surprise…TODAY IS THE DAY YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!! 
    In fact, it's the day that has already taken too long to get here. 
    It's the day where a good ole friend of mine is gonna share his deepest darkest secrets. 
    Aaaand, it's the day that you already know about because it's in this post's title!
    But it still deserves an introduction as awesome as the Death Star's destruction SOOOOO... *cue the fanfare* WELCOME, WELCOME one and all, elves and hobbits, and mutated squirrels alike, to the inevitable-despite-the-wait-interview featuring the one and only Valor (from my WIP Between the Lines) for his character interview!!!! (Yes, yes, applause is much appreciated.)
    But before we get started, I wanna give a HUGE thank you to Emma, Lydia, Issabelle, Katherine, and Alexa for submitting questions!!! In fact, make sure y’all have a good block of time to read this because Valor's gonna be answering 29 questions today. (That be 30 minus 1 if you're bad at math like I am.) XD So, be prepared…this is gonna be a long post! 😉 

    (Note: The questions will be bolded, Valor’s answers will be yellow, and any awesome but totally unnecessary commentary by yours truly will be normal!)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*throws open two large double doors and motions the man of the hour into the room* Vaaaalor, mah boy!! It’s so awesome to have ya today!

*a tall, dark-haired hottie (because he was crafted from the recesses of my own mind of course) walks into the room and grins* It’s good to be had, Victoria. I can’t express enough gratitude to you for letting me do this.

D’awww, any time buddy!! *sits in a comfy leather chair near a tall glass window overlooking a sparkling lake in the middle of some woods where two snowy swans glide across the waters and—*

Um, Victoria?

Yeah? 

Are you going to stop describing this imaginary place you created for the interview and actually start asking me the questions? 

I'm trying to set the mood, bro.

Well...I think the mood is set enough. 

Is it though? *watches Valor sigh and sit in a chair that's situated next to the one the lovely hostess with the creative mind is in, but to where it's slightly tilted towards the hostess' seat, maybe at a 45° angle so that they're still facing one another but not so much that—*

YES, Victoria. You're doing it again, and the mood is definitely set enough. No offense, but that run-on sentence you just did doesn't even make sense.

Why sure it does. One only has to dissect it to understand my wise and cryptic words.

Those words were not wise and cryptic.

*rolls eyes* Since when did you become the Master of Enigmatic Vocabulary, o' great one?

Since I had to analyze a three-hundred year old prophetic oracle from Zurovia's most ancient and mythical prognosticator when I was in my eighth year at the Zurovian Institute for Language Arts and Logic.

*blinks* ......Show off.

*smirks and crosses arms* Silver-tongue turned to brick?

Har, har, go ahead make your jokes.

Don't worry, I'm just hoaxing you. *winks* Now would you like to continue with the questions?

Well, I think we gotta start the questions before we can continue them, but yeah. Ready, Freddy?

Absolutely, Lucy! 

*cackles* Perfect-a-mundo! Your first questions are from zee FABULOUS Emma! NUMBER ONE: *pauses for dramatic suspense* What is...your favorite color?

Hmmm, well, I've never really thought about it before, but I'm very partial to black and gold. Those are Zurovia's kingdom colors so I've always grown up seeing them.

OooOooh, extra commentary. We always like that kind of thing! Do you have any siblings?

Unfortunately, no. I always wanted one, but I've remained a single child all my life. However, since you like that extra commentary, Victoria, I will add that I do have two cousins who I'm very close with.

Oh really? What are their names? (My question here—not Emma's.) 😉

One of them is named Adiria Catherine de Voskey and she's about my age—just a year younger. And the other is Maverick Alexandrite de Voskey IV who is three years older than me.

Awesome! Back to Emma's questions...What's it like training in Zurovia's army?

*laughs nervously and shifts in chair* Um...do you want the long answer or the short one?

LOOOOOONG!!!!!! Well, I want the long one. Let's just pretend Emma wants that one too. *cackles maniacally*

All right then, you asked for it. *grins mischevously*. Training in Zurovia's army is hard. Very hard. It's also stressful, trying, and extremely strict. Boys can be recruited or join to train as early as the age of eight and, if they pass the Final Evaluation, then they can graduate and become a certified Zurovian soldier between the ages of 18 and 21. 
The trainees are divided into three levels: the Recruits, who are typically between the ages of eight and 12; the Juveniles, who are between the ages of 12 and 16; and the Seniors, who are between the ages of 16 and 21. There are two "tests" each year—one in the Spring, which is more of an assessment to see how the trainees are improving, and another in the Fall. The Fall test determines who is released from training because he does not show any potential as a soldier, who does show enough potential to continue training (but only in the current level), and who is ready to move on to the next level.The Final Evaluation is the Fall test that happens each year for the Seniors and determines who is ready to become a certified soldier in the army. 
After that, soldiers more or less try to work their way up the ranks to become commanders, lieutenants, colonels, generals, you understand the point. However, the most prized position in Zurovia's army is being chosen to be the personal bodyguard (or "guardian" as we call it) of Zurovia's king. This position is only available if the king loses his current guardian to death and needs a new one. But, becoming a soldier in general is an honor as it is. Only 50% of trainees actually become a soldier for the army because we only want the best men to fight for our country.

Wait, wait, wait. But...isn't that kind of risky? I mean, if you only want the BEST of your dudes in the army and only half of the lil' wannabe soldiers actually become soldiers, then your army must be pretty small. Won't it get eaten up by your enemies?

Possibly, but because Zurovia puts so much effort into raising soldiers then their success and skill in battle is theoretically better than our neighboring armies' soldiers. But, Zurovia actually hasn't gone to war in over 20 years and we're on fairly good terms with our neighboring countries. There might be a squirmish here and there but it has never resulted in acts of war. And even if we do go to war someday and need more help than what our army can provide, we do have several militias all across the country which consist of your typical everyday Zuroivan ready to give a hand in battle if necessary.

Wow, that's actually pretty smart. Is there anything else you'd like to add to you answer?

Well, if Emma wants to know more about everyday stuff soldiers do, there isn't really much else to say. We live in the army's training barracks, get up at dawn, and train until dinner five days a week. The sixth day is stress drills until noon and we get the rest of the day off including the seventh day to do whatever we want. Curfew is ten o' clock at night on weekdays and midnight on weekends. If you're late after curfew, you get locked outside and punished the next day. Oh, and only men are allowed in any of the army barracks or bases. 

*snorts* "There isn't much else to say" huh?

*laughs* Sorry. I suppose I can talk up a storm every now and then can I?

Meh, don't worry. I talk up hurricanes 24/7. Now, the next questions you have are from the charming Miss L-Y-D-I-A! Firstly first, What is your favorite outfit? *smirks* That's a legit "Lydia question" right there. 😜

Definitely my training uniform! That's basically the only thing I ever wear, really.

Oooh, what's it like? Is it comfy?

Oh yes. Sometimes it gets hot in the summer, but other than that, there isn't too much trouble. It consists of these black tactical pants, flat-footed, treaded boots, a black polyester shirt, and a maroon and black leather trench-like coat.

Neat-o! That kinda reminds me of a male version of Scarlett Witch's outfit (*coughs* which I was SO not inspired by *coughs*). Lydia's next question kinda ties into the previous one. Have you ever worn armor? If so, what does it feel like?

I have worn Zurovian armor! Only once though, just to try it on. It's somewhat heavy, but it's also very sleek and not terribly clunky. That makes it easy to move around in and, even though it is fairly comfortable, it also provides much protection.

Well, that's a good thing. I can't have my baby boy dying on me now can I? *winks* 

*wrinkles nose* I still don't get how you female writers obsess over your "precious stabby marshmallow and/or cinnamon roll" male characters so much. It's honestly very unnerving. 

*evil cackles* It should be. We love making y'all suffer, but then giving our guys a sweet ole happy ending....most of the time. 

*swallows* You know what? I'm just going to leave that be. What's the next question?

Ummmm, um, um, umity, um. Let me see...ah yes! How many languages do you speak?

Besides Zurovian, I can speak Gryllish (from Gryllia) and Krivence (from Krivendale). But I’m currently learning Brendalyne, so I suppose three and a half counting my native language.

And English.

What do you mean?

Well, you’re speaking my language right now, which is English, so you can speak that too.

Uh…no I’m currently speaking in Zurovian.

No, you…oh wait. I guess Zurovian is the equivalent to English in a way.

Huh?

*coughs* Never mind. You’ll just get confused. MOVING ON!

Ugh, fine. But I will get you to explain after this.

Eheh, maybe. Here’s Lydia’s next question: What is your greatest fear?

Oh I see…now we’re really getting into the deep stuff. *grins* Probably disappointing people and failing. I really struggle with that kind of thing but I’m trying to get over it. I'm also somewhat afraid of losing people to death and...other things like that. 

Other things? Like, losing someone in a supermarket??? 

*smirks* Maybe.

Wow, this is some good stuff, dude. *winks*

Just don't let Adiria find out about it. She'd definitely use it to blackmail me some way.

Hah! I could SO see her doing that.

Oh, you don't know half of it. *shakes head* She's a riot, but fun to have around 94% of the time.

I bet! *laughs* But you might have to risk revealing some more of this “shady info” for your next several questionsies. 

Uh oh, what's this next one?

*grins* These are actually from the unofficial president of your unofficial fan club!

Wait, I have a fan club?

*coughs* Eh, kind of. But the book you're in isn't published (yet) so it's small next to none. 

Wow, thanks a lot. 

Hey, it's not my fault! You just aren't popular right now, but trust me, you will be. 
Maybe. 
In the long time future. 
But this next gal who submitted questions loves you as much as I do, so let's see what the fantabulous KATHERINE here has to ask!!! First off...What is your favorite pizza topping?

Oh that's easy. It's absolutely pineapple!

WHAT!?!?! No it isn't! You're just saying that to spite me. *narrows eyes*

Am I though?

*makes fusterated huffy noises* You GOTTA be. I would never make one of my favorite characters be on the "Yes to pineapple on pizza* team.

Goodness, Victoria. You must watch that tongue of yours. I hear the pineapple pizza debate is extremely controversial. You might end up offending some of your readers... 

*sighs* Okay, okay. But, I don't like pineapple in the first place so ya can't blame me there. Is that really your favorite though? 

Perhaaaaaps...buuut I honestly can't say because, uh, I've actually never had pineapple on pizza before. I just like the fruit in general. (And I'm not letting you change that Victoria.) The only pizza I have had before was topped with pepperoni and green peppers, so I suppose I’ll go with that. In fact, it was actually when Eve's dad brought some home for dinner that night when we were looking for—

HEY HEY HEY. Now you gotta watch your mouth, buckaroo. This is a no spoiler zone for Between the Lines. Besides, I don't think I've even written that part you're talking about yet so how would you know what happens? 

Uh, well, the story's in your head, and I'm technically in your head soooo....

Oh. Right. Well, try to keep anything about BTL a secret okay?

All riiiight. But honestly, it might do some good to share a few things. I mean, you've barely gotten any more done on the story and I feel very left out right now from where my current situation is. 

Patience, young padawan. Your time of glory will come! Besides, I've been very busy lately and Life™ hasn't given me much spare time.

Oh really? 'Cause from the rumors I've heard around in that brain of yours, during that non-spare time, you've been mentally plotting a prequel about a certain antagonist in Between the Lines which I feel slightly miffed about. You've even made a playlist with 28 epic songs and counting for him!

ARGH, Valor, some discretion here???

What? You only said to stay quiet about Between the Lines. Not Before the ******. 

*coughs* Sorry peeps. I had to censor him out there for a second. And YES Valor, when I mean to keep your mouth shut about BTL that also includes all of my other top secret writing projects. Ya here?

*******

Oh, hang on. *un-censors him*

THANK YOU and fiiiine. But pardon me if I get a little upset over that because I have good reason due to my neglection by you. 

Yes, yes, yes, we'll talk about that later. But right now you still have, like 22 questions to answer. 

Really!?!? My, you were right when you said that's a lot. 

Heh...yeah. I would split this post up into two parts, but seeing how I've already put it off long enough I figured we might as well do it in one. For the next question, though, Katherine wants to know (and with good reason) Do you like to read? 

Ah, yes I do! I mean, I don't often have the time to, but it's nice to pick one up and relax with it when I can.

Nice! What books are popular in your world?

Zurovians often read folklore, legends, epics, myths, books like that. War and military books are also popular....for some reason. Like I said, we haven't really gone to war in a while, so I don't see why people like to read them, but they do what they like to do I suppose. I personally lean more towards the legends and folklore.

Oooh, this question made me smile: What do you think of the name "Katherine"?

Well, my cousin, Adiria's, middle name is Katherine, but spelled with a "C" instead, so I like it a lot! Besides, she'd have a fit if I didn't. *winks*

If I invited Victoria and her sisters over for a movie/game night, would you come along?

*GASPS* of course I'd come along girl!!!! THAT WOULD BE THE EPICEST!!!!!

Um...I think she's asking me, Victoria. She already implied that you'd go anyway.

..... Oh yeah. Eheheheh. *whispers* BUT STILL.

*grins and shakes head* Katherine, m'lady, if Victoria allowed me to (which I'd make her either way) I'd be absolutely honored to come along. If I'm not intruding, of course.

D'awww, I'm sure you wouldn't be intruding! We'd just have to make sure you would know how to play our modern world games.

Do you have chess? Because I know that!

Yeah, we actually do have that. In fact, you and Katherine's sister, Issabelle, could play that! I'm, uh, still shamefully unlearned in the game *coughs and hides from Issa* Anyway, for Katherine's last question: Which Bible character do you most relate to?

Hmmmm...probably David. For one, he and I are both soldiers/warriors, but it's mostly because he went through a lot of trials he didn't expect and had to keep trusting that everything would work out in accordance to God's plan for his future. I kind of have a hard time with trusting how my future will play out so that's why I relate to him so much.

Oh yeah, that’s understandable. *nods head* Your next set of questions are from the chess master I mentioned earlier, the INCREDIBLY AWESOME ISSABELLE!!! The first thing she asks is a pretty popular question in character interviews. *winks* What is your favorite color?

Haha, well, I already said it was black and gold, but now that I think about it, I also like the color maroon—probably because of my training uniform.

I must say, you do look good in it.

I think you might be a little biased, but I have to agree with you on that one. *smirks*

Who has been your biggest inspiration in life?

Probably my parents. My father really inspires me to do my work and tasks with the best effort I can give. My mother has influenced me to approach life in a positive and moral way despite how the military environment can occasionally twist that and make it difficult, if you will.

Huh. I could see how fighting in the army could dampen some of that positivity or innocence you're talking about. Like with all the, you know, killing.

*grimaces* Yes, the whole killing idea is honestly something I'm not sure I'll be able to handle. But I suppose I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get there. *shrugs*

Speaking of killing and fighting and stuff, What's your preferred weapon of choice?

Oh, definitely daggers. Anything with a blade, really, but daggers are easy and quick to use in small environments or close contact.

No guns, huh?

I'm sure we'd use them, but Zurovia hasn't exactly invented those yet. *winks*

Honestly, that might be for the best. XD If you could be one person for the day, who would it be?

*sits in silence for a moment* This is going to sound strange, but probably our housekeeper Jinnia.

*blinks* Yeeeaah, you might have to enlighten us on that one. 

Well, my mother is really sick right now, and Jinnia gets to be near her all day and take care of her. I only get to see my mother on the weekends for a short amount of time, if she's even up for visitors, so that's why I'd want to be our housekeeper—so I can spend more time with my mother and help her get better. Also, I might have a secret love for baking, which Jinnia does all the time (especially whipping up food for the little children who live near our home) so I think that would be fun to do too.

Sooo...I guess I should call you Dr. Valor or Chef Valor from now on.

Hah! I wish... *grins*

*laughs* Lemme see...your next question-a-bob is...uh, oh. Bad news for me it appears. *sweats* If someone wrote a book all about you, what would the title be?

*raises eyebrow* Oh...wow. Well...technically Victoria's protagonist, Eve, is writing a book about me, but since Eve is being written by Victoria, she's really the one who's plotting my book out. *looks at Victoria* Did I get that right?

Essentially, yeah. But, I mean, it's not like I'm really writing a book about you. It's just being mentioned in Between the Lines.

Yes, but let's say this book Eve and/or you are writing about me is real. I think the title of that is what Issabelle wants to know. Sooooo...what would it be? 'Cause you've told me numerous times that I don't get a say in any of your writing. 

*gulps* Erm...would TBD work, Issa?

TBD? That has to be the worst book title I've ever heard in my life. 

*rolls eyes* It means "To be determined" you know. 

Oh, I know. But it's still pretty bad—temporary or permanent. 

Whoa, whoa, whoa, now. Coming up with book titles is hard! Especially doing it on the spot.

I can see that, but surely you can come up with something better than a placeholder of a title. I mean, this is my book you're talking about. 

*scowls* You sure are getting demanding, Valor boy. Fine, but I need to think. *a second passes* *two seconds pass* *three seconds pass* *four seconds pass* *five—* I got it! Alrighty, what do you think of this? From a Stone-hearted Soldier to an Aspiring Chef: The Life's Journey of a Misunderstood Boy From Behind the Golden Gates of Zurovia. 

*stares at Victoria with the most unamused look in the history of facial expressions* We're moving onto the next question now.

Awww, come on! I thought it was very imaginative for being born in less than five seconds!

Stone-hearted though? Is that how you really see me? 

Of course not! All it does is add some flair and alliteration! *pats him on the arm* Now, Who's your favorite Disney character?

Uhhhhh *scrunches brow* Well, I've only seen one Disney movie when Eve's younger siblings were watching TV once and I think it was about some lady with unnaturally long hair. So I guess I'd choose the friend she had in it.

OOH YAAASSS, Flynn Rider you mean? 

Yes, I believe that was his name!

*cackles* That dude is a favorite of mine too. 

Which are better in your opinion: elves, dwarves, hobbits, or elves with bows?

Aha! I'll go with elves with bows. I enjoy reading about them the most.

*squints* Wait, don't tell me you have The Lord of the Rings in Zurovia. 

Um...I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I just read about elves and such in Zurovia's folklore.

Ah, that makes more sense. What's your favorite dessert?

Sukėlade! I believe it's the equivalent to French chocolate soufflé in your world....But probably better. *winks*

Oooooh, I duuno, pal. Chocolate soufflé is the bomb! (Even though I've technically never tried it before, but Y'ALL it's chocolate. Of course it's gonna be good.) XD Aaaaand lastly, to tie in perfectly with this topic, Do you like chocolate? That better be a yes, Val. Tread carefully on this soil while I'm around.

*laughs* Trust me, Victoria, it most definitely is a yes! In fact, Zurovia is actually famous for its chocolate.

Whaaaaat!?!?! Why didn't you tell me this sooner?!?! Now you know where I'm visiting for vacation!

You should though! Your love for chocolate will be even bigger by the time you leave. 

*moans* Arrrrgghhh, I can already taaaaste it!!!!!!! *bounces in seat* Now I'm really craving some. Even if it's not Zurovia's brand. But before I go raid my pantry for it, we still got just a few questions left!! This time, they're from my SUPERBATASTIC friend ALEXAAA!!!! Sooooo, let's kick off her questions with Do you have any siblings? If so, which one do you idolize the most?

Looks like a lot of people are interested in my family life. *laughs* Like I said, I don't have any siblings, but I do have my cousins, Adiria and Maverick. Of the two of them, however, I suppose I look up to Maverick the most. He's actually already a soldier in the army while I'm just a Senior right now. My father is also very proud of him...sometimes more than me, I feel like. *shrugs* So I guess that's one of the reasons why I idolize him. I really, really, really want to make my father just as proud of me, you know?

*nods* I definitely get that. Well, I mean, it's not like my parents are more proud of one of my siblings more than the other. I think my parents' pride of us is distributed out pretty equally (or it should be...*narrows eyes suspiciously*) but, I've read enough books and seen enough movies to know what you're going through! *nods and grins again*

Uh...good to hear, then. *coughs*

Although, is there a reason why you don't idolize Adiria as much?

HAH! Hahahahahahahaha!!! Uh, let's just say she isn't the greatest role model ever. It's honestly kind of complicated. Even though I idolize Maverick more, I actually don't spend as much time with him as I do Adiria because...I don't know. He's  sometimes intimidating, bossy, and awkward to talk to. Adiria on the other hand, is super laid back, friendly, and will act like you've been her best friend since the day dirt was invented even if you've only know her for less than 12.987 seconds. Buuuuut, she also attracts trouble. Like...every day. And 90% of the time I get caught up in it which definitely does not look good on my monthly military transcript.

*smirks* She's a riot, isn't she?

Oh, that's not even in question.

Speaking of, What words or phrases do you overuse the most?

Oh goodness, I have no idea. What do you think?

Heh, weeeelll, seeing how I've only written this interview and one other scene with you, I have no clue either.

Doth I hear voices beyond thy vortexes of time and space crying out in desperate need of assistance?

*looks at Valor*

*looks at Victoria* Oh no. Don't tell me that's who I think it is.

MWAHAHAHA!!! Yes it is, cousin! *a girl with long brunette locks pops her head through the doorway* THERE you are!!

*swallows* Adiria? How exactly did you get here?

*wiggles eyebrows and shoves the rest of her way into the room* I followed you! Obviously. What else am I supposed to do when my best friend bails on me the only day he's off from his fancy warrior school?
So what is this place? And who's she? *points to Victoria*

Uhhhh....

*clears throat* Not to freak you out, Adiria, but I made you. You're like...a character. In my head. And so is Valor.

*blinks* I have no idea what that means, but, it sounds swell to me!! *drags over an extra chair and plops down in it* So! What are we talking about? Is this a secret meeting or something of the like?

*sighs* No Adiria. I'm being interviewed for Victoria's blog and answering her friends' questions.

Really!?!? How intriguing! Don't go on just yet, I want to catch up on all that I've missed! *scans post from the beginning* Uh huh...all right...*snorts* I remember that prophesy you had to read. You wouldn't stop whining about it for days!

Eheh...*grimaces*

*continues to read* Oh right...blah, blah, blah, a bunch of stuff about the army....WAIT, WAIT, WAIT. You're afraid of losing people in the market?!?! And, YOU ONLY LIKE HANGING OUT WITH ME 94% OF THE TIME???? *swivels gaze to Valor* And where exactly is the remaining 6%???

Just…finish catching up, Adiria. We'll talk about that later. 

*huffs* ....Yes, yes, all right I'm done. *skims the rest of the post* So, let's hear the rest of your answers, Val!

Okay, but you're actually late for the party. I think we only have...uh...

Six!

Six left. 

Awwwwww. I knew I shouldn't have stopped by the bakery on my way here. *pouts* Well, you snooze you loose I guess. At least I'm here for the end!

*smiles* Yeah, I suppose you are. So, Victoria, what else does Alexa want to know?

Uh, well, we never answered the question were on: What words or phrases do you overuse the most? 

Oh right. What do you think Adiria?

Humdy-dumdy-doo...let me ponder for a minute. *squeezes eyes shut* Well, you like to say "Oh goodness" I suppose. You also tend to say "Blimey!" when you get really excited.

There you have it then! *winks* You did a much better job at answer that than I did.

Why thank you very much, my good sir! *half bows* 

Here's your next question that we actually already answered! What is your choice of weapon?

Haha, a dagger! Although, I also like swords.

Really? I thought you were going to say a spatula. 

*rolls eyes* Riiiight, some damage you can do with that. 

*shrugs* You could always beat someone to the pulp with it. Anything's possible.

Okaaaaaay, way to get imaginative, Adiria. *coughs* What do you think is the worst thing that can be done to a person?

OH. That's easy. Having to stay in the county penitentiary overnight with a certain *coughs* someone *nods to Adiria* because that said someone sassed a Zurovian officer and ended up starting a brawl in the local tavern. I was part of neither for the record, but ended up getting in trouble for it anyway. And trust me, staying in a cramped stone-iron cell with Adiria who, mind you, happens to be the most talkative night owl in existence is pure torture. No offense, of course.

*cackles* None taken! I personally thought it was quite the fun adventure. Especially when I ended up knocking out the 250 pound bartender who wasn't minding his P's and Q's either.

*snort laughs* Now that is something I would've LOVED to be there for! Not in it, of course. Just to see what happened and how our pretty boy here responded. *winks*

If you must know, I believe I handled the situation quite well for what it was.

Awwww, I bet so. *grins* Tell us though. Who is your hero? 

ME!

Eh, no. I'd say my father.

Really? I thought you and Uncle Jacobin weren’t on good terms.

It’s not that we aren’t on good terms…it’s just…*shakes head* Never mind. I don’t want to get into that right now.

What would you ask a fortune teller? Why?

That's a difficult one. I would probably ask what I'll be doing in the next 5 to 10 years. You know, to see what I become, to see what the world is like, even to see how my relationship with my father is going, as Adiria briefly mentioned. Like I said earlier, I've always had trouble with not knowing the future, which is why I'd want to ask someone that, but Eve once told me that's what makes life so great, because by not knowing the future, every day's a new adventure. And ultimately you have to trust the one who writes your story. *winks*

Which definitely goes for the Master Storyteller too, if you know what I mean. *winks back* For your VERY LAST question in this interview (savor it if you will) *grins* If you had a superpower, what would it be and why?

Oooooh, hmmm, that's a good one. I think I'd want to teleport. I mean, I kind of already have by "coming to life" in Between the Lines because, as you say, I wasn't "real" beforehand (which still doesn't completely make sense). But getting to teleport in Zurovia and even to neighboring kingdoms would be neat because then I could visit people or places or get away from said people or places.

Hah! Yeah, that would be pretty awesome! Do you have an answer for that Adiria?

Um...*blinks rapidly* No...I'm just...

What is it?

WHADDYA MEAN WE AREN'T REAL!?!?!?!

Uh oh.

And who by the jolly green glades is the Eve you keep mentioning? Is she your new bestie or something?!?!

No, no, no, of course not....it’s…

Well???

I think what Valor is trying to say is that it’s a long story and definitely something he can tell you about back in Zurovia. Right?

*hides a smile* Absolutely. Ready to go home then?

Yeah, sure.

Good! Well, Victoria, thank you so very much for this interview and thank you Emma, Lydia, Katherine, Issabelle, and Alexa for asking me those questions! I had a great time answering them and I hope my replies were satisfactory enough. *winks*

Awwww,  I think they were awesome! Thank you for agreeing to do this!!

Anytime!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    After weeks of waiting in agony actually y'all probably even forgot this was going to happen, I personally think this interview went off without a hitch! (Well...besides Adiria's sudden interruption. But I should've known it would happen sooner or later.) XD
    Soooooo, I hope this was an awesome return of mine and that you enjoyed reading this monster of a post!!! (Sorry if it took a few thousand years, lol.) 😜 But don't worry, I'm really going to work hard to get one more special post in before the month is over, so stay tuned for that! Hint: It may or may not be about what I had to censor Valor from talking about. *evil cackles*

Tally-ho!

    Now, it's your turn! What did you think of the questions? Did Valor's answers live up to your expectations? Are there any other questions you have for him? ('Cause he'll be more than happy to answer them in the comments!) Was anyone surprised by Adiria's guest appearance? Do you think she would be a fun character to include if I ever did write a book about Valor? Talk to me all about it down below!!!

Comments

  1. This was so fun to read, I love that Valor likes Flynn Rider, Flynn Rider is a pretty awesome character. XD I do have some questions for Valor to answer though...

    1. Do you believe in ghosts why or why not? And if you don't, what would you do if you saw a ghost?
    2. Is your world historical...if so how did you watch a movie?? Did you magically travel to a fantasy world or is your world semi-modern?
    3. What would you do if you came across a dragon? Runaway or attack it?
    4. What religions exist in your world, and how did they came to be?
    5. Do only humans exist in your world, or do other creatures (ex. elves, fairies, etc.) if they do, do you see them often?

    This was so fun to read,
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you so much!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed his answers!!! He is, isn't he!?!? Flynn cracks me up every time I watch that movie! XD Ooooh, no problem! I'll totally let him know!! :D

      Delete
    2. Greetings, Quinley! Thank you so very much for your kind words and questions! I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability! ;)

      1. Well, I don't really believe in the "white-sheet beings" people portray as ghosts if you know what I mean. But, I do believe that there are evil spirits/beings out there (I think Victoria has called them demons before) that others might believe to be ghosts (or cause things that people say are done by ghosts). I...don't really know if that makes sense or not, but that was somewhat the best way I could put it. If I DID run into a ghost though, I would probably try stabbing it in the gut or something. (Not that it would do much good.) XD
      2. My world is what Victoria would call "medieval with a dash of fantasy and maaaaybe a hint of steampunk thrown in." *winks* I was able to watch a movie when Eve wished me to life into her world (a.k.a. your world)!
      3. Oooh, this is a tricky one. You see, I've heard that some dragons can talk, so I'd first try to negotiate with it. If all else fails, however, I would probably runaway unless it's a threat and needs to be taken care of by fighting.
      4. Um, well, I don't really know if religion does exist in our world. XD I mean, I guess it does, but Victoria's the one in charge of making that kind of thing happen and I can promise you she has definitely not gotten THAT far into shaping my culture....unfortunately.
      (Trust me, I feel as much left out about this as you do.) So, if you have any complaints bring it up with her. ;) All I know is that our world was created by an Ultimate Creator and we worship Him.
      5. Humans only exist in our world currently, BUT there are legends and myths that elves, fae folk, and dragons used to walk on my earth ages ago. Although, I sorely wish that I could have seen them!

      I hope those answers are satisfactory enough! Have a wonderful evening, m'lady, and thank you again for reading this post!!

      Delete
  2. EEEEK!!!! It's VALOR again!!! Okay, seriously, I've never been this excited to read a character interview!! First though, I'm so sorry this comment is SOOO late!! I've read this post several times when I find extra time at school but I haven't had the time to sit down and write a comment! But, here I am!! *squeals* I LOVED EVERY SINGLE PART OF THIS INTERVIEW!!! And now I feel like I know Valor SO well! In fact, I think I have a friend that would get along with Valor. XD Oooh, I loved Adiria's guest appearance. I was NOT expecting that but I'm so glad that she popped in for a while. P.S I would LOVE it if Adiria was in book with Valor! I think both of them are HiLaRiOuS together! And Valor, I love your choice of weapon. That would be my choice too. XP Boy, teleporting would be such a cool superpower! Just imagine all the places you could go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT ISSSS!!!! Awwwww, really!?!?! That makes me so happy!!! *jumps up and down* Girl, don't worry at all!! I know this was a SUPER long post so I figured it might have to be read in parts for a lot of people (at least, that's what I'd do anyway). XD AAAHHHHHH THANK YOU SO MUUUUCH!!!!!!!! Awww, that's awesome!!! OooOooh, now I'm quite intrigued... XD Ahahahaha, YES!!! I was hoping to pull people by surprise with that! (It was seriously SO spontaneous for me too though. She kinda just took over for a moment...) XD *grinz* Yeah, I think she's a must-have in a book with Valor. XD Hehehehehe...they make QUITE the pair!
      Me too!!! He did a good job with that one! (Even though, I would probably choose a bow and arrows in addition to the daggers/swords...) XD It would!!! That would be the coolest power EVER!!!! (i.e. New Zealand here I come!) XP

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Daylight: A 9/11 Short Story// Interview With Author Grace A. Johnson!

Ch. 2: The Time I...Traveled to the 1700s (Feat. My Vacation to Colonial Williamsburg)

I'm Leaving the Blogosphere?