Reflections Tag

    I'm BAAAACK!!! *slides in with a grand entrance* Sorry this post is, like, a week late (or is it???). As you can see, I'm still trying to figure out a stable blogging schedule. XD (And with school wrapping up, life's been slightly crazy.) But hopefully I'll have consistent posts coming in by 2076. Kidding, kidding, not really. (Fun fact: I just realized that America will be 300 years old that year...and I'll be in my 70s.) XD

    But ANYWAY. Enough of my rambling and unnecessary history lessons. Today, my good friends, I'll be sharing another FABULOUS TAG!!!!! This one is SUPER awesome because I was officially tagged for the first time by the AMAZING, ONE AND ONLY Joy Caroline!!! You can conveniently find her awesome blog HERE! I'm nice like that. XP

Yes, I was inspired to make a graphic too, after seeing JC and Grace A. Johnson do one! 😉 
 
   Here are La Rules:

  • Thank the person who tagged you (Thank you again, Joy!)
  • Share eight ways God has blessed you and/or things he has taught you this past year
  • Tag five or more bloggers
    And here we go! 
    
    #1 God blessed me with the blogosphere

    Most of you already know the story behind this (and if you don't, you can go to this post) so I won't get too detailed here! But I will say again, diving deeper into the blogging community really helped me this past year (especially with the pandemic going on) and it was a HUGE BLESSING getting to know each and every one of my blogging friends out there! (YoU kNoW WhO yOu ArE.) I honestly don't know why you guys would wanna be friends with this crazy KotLC, Star Wars, Marvel, parenthesis obsessed gal who doesn't know when to stop talking (like right now) and has a very bad habit of procrastinating life, BUT thank you a million times anyway!!! Y'all have made such a big difference in my life!

    #2 God taught me to trust Him more

    Last year I experienced a bunch of new things (besides the virus) 😉 that REALLY taught me to have to trust God more. For example, in December, one of my relatives had a huge medical emergency on Christmas Eve and we weren't able to do anything but wait and pray for the outcome. That was a really hard and trying time, but it taught us to trust God even in the most difficult moments. (And because of Him, everything thankfully turned out okay!)

    #3 God taught me that change isn't always bad

    This one kinda ties into #2 in a few ways. While the medical emergency made our Christmas a little different, the day before Christmas Eve made the rest of the week even more crazy! That morning my sister woke up to find a leak in the upstairs bathroom which not only destroyed the inside of the sink, but also soaked through the floor and into the kitchen ceiling. 😐 Yeah. MERRY CHRISTMAS! Soooo, long story short, we definitely had to change up our Christmas plans that year, but honestly, I don't see it as the worst Christmas ever. It was just different. And because of that, I learned, more than anything, that change isn't always bad. More often than not, it's actually good! Because most of the time, it teaches us to be flexible and to not always rely on our plans. Instead it teaches us to rely on God's plans. And his plans are always the best ones of all! (Also, I had my very first white Christmas that year which TOTALLY made up for everything that happened!) XD

    #4 God blessed me with a new church

    This...was probably the biggest change that happened to me last year. When the big ol' lockdown happened, our in-church services switched over to online and that actually made us interested in watching other online churches too. Then, on Easter, my dad turned on the service of a church some of his co-workers go to, we started watching those church services on Sunday morning instead, and eventually my mom and dad felt that God was calling us to this new church. Wrapping my head around the idea of leaving our old church and friends was really hard at first, but soon God helped me make peace with it and adjust to this new church better. I will admit, it's still going to be a long process with getting connected better into this church and making friends, but we have met a few people and officially became members last week! (Also, it turns out one of our friends from our old church started coming to this new one too, so that's been another way God has shown His faithful hand throughout all of this!)

    #5 God blessed me with my Spanish classes

    YES, GUYS. I actually like something about school. XD But seriously, I started learning Spanish this year and am doing it through this curriculum that is specifically designed for homeschoolers! You actually schedule online classes (like with Google Meet) and are taught by a teacher from Guatemala, so you not only learn how to read and write in Spanish, but you can also speak it with someone who is fluent in it! That said, it's been so cool learning this language and getting to know some of these amazing teachers!

    #6 God blessed me with Between the Lines

    For those of you who don't know what Between the Lines is, it's a Fantasy novel I'm currently working on (as in very slowly working on) XD and God gave me the inspiration to write it last year! It all began when I started to wish that book characters could be real. As in COME TO LIFE. ('Cause wouldn't it be AWESOME if, like, you could be BFFs with Keefe from KotLC?) XD Anyway, I started to ponder on that some more and came up with the idea of writing a book where that actually happens! So that's what BTL is about--a teenage girl who's a writer that stumbles across a magic book and accidentally wishes the main character of her story to life. There's some other details too (like a power-hungry, revenge-seeking, 500 year old wizard that's out to kill off the MC's family line) but I'm working on getting a page up that talks about my WIPs so Imma zippin' my lips on anything more! I really do think though that writing this novel (even if it takes me till I'm 90 to finish it) will help me to grow in things like having more compassion and considering what it's like to be in someone else's shoes (which are two major themes in the book). Because unless we're that person we're usually not going to completely understand what one is feeling. But we can try to be more open-minded to others and, as I said, compassionate with them. So that's something I think God might help me learn to do better while writing this! 

    #7 God blessed me with archery lessons

    Aaaaaand that's all I'm gonna say! Hehehehehe I have a super fun post coming up (hopefully soon) about my first two archery lessons and I don't wanna spoil anything! But do feel free to let me know if that post would be something you'd be interested in reading!

    #8 God blessed me with getting to know two of my friends better

    Soooo, I have these two friends of mine (they're sisters) and last year we surprisingly got so much closer (even with the virus). They do co-op with my sisters and me at our house each Friday and (after we figured out how to meet safely and all) we were still able to do that pretty consistently last year! During that time, when we weren't really able to see our other friends that much, we grew soooo much closer and I've really learned to understand what being sisters-in-Christ means and feels like! 😉 Not to mention they know how to sword fight and do martial arts which is like the CoOlEst ThInG EvEr.  XD

    So there we go! Eight ways God blessed me and what He taught me this past year! Now I taaaag...
    If any of you have already done this tag, then you don't have to do it again! XD But if you haven't, I'd love to see what you come up with! I hope you guys enjoyed this post and thanks for reading!!

Tally-ho!

    What's something God taught YOU this year? Is anyone interested in reading more about my WIP? Who liked the graphic I made? About how old might you be in 2076? Tell me all about it in the comments! 
    

Comments

  1. Love your post and your graphic! For what it's worth, I'll be 75 in '76. :-) Of course I want to hear about your WIP! Finally, God has been teaching me to trust His wisdom in times of trial, even when I can't see the purpose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Miles!!!! Lolol, I guess we'll finally understand what it's like to be at a seasoned age! XP Awwww, thank you! I'm so glad to hear that!! Oh wow, I completely relate. It can be super hard to trust God's plans sometimes (especially when life isn't going the way we want it to), but I'm so glad you've been growing in your faith with that!

      Delete
  2. Loved those answers! Something that God blessed me with this year is teaching me that I’m not perfect: I have a lot of flaws, and I have to do my best to fix them.
    I would love to hear more about your WIP! It sounds really cool!
    And archery lessons: That’s really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, Trixie!!!! Oooh, I totally get that. It can be really hard to recognize our mistakes and flaws (trust me, I have PLENTY) XD, but with God we can learn to have more humility! I'm glad He's helped you in that this past year!
      YAY!!!!! Thank you so much! That means a lot to me! <333
      Ikr!?!?! It's been something I've wanted to do for a long time...but I'll have to save the rest of that story for later! ;)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for doing the tag, Victoria! I really enjoyed hearing how God has blessed you this year! And yay - you're learning Spanish! That makes this half-Hispanic gal very happy. XD
    Ooh, archery. I'll be excited to read your post on that!
    Again, I loved your answers! So honored to be the first one to officially tag you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Joy!!! Awwww, thank you! Haha, yes!!! Do you know Spanish too then? ('Cause if ya want to, I'd be more than happy to practice with you sometime!) ;)
      YAY!! I'm so excited to! XD
      Thank you! <333 It was so much fun to do!!!

      Delete
    2. Yup, I speak Spanish! It'd be fun to practice - I could use it too, since my Spanish is a bit on the slower side.
      I'm so happy you enjoyed doing the tag!

      Delete
    3. That's awesome!!! Lol, yeah, I'm not the greatest at it yet, but practice makes perfect (hopefully, at least)! XD

      Delete
  4. Heyy Victoria!!!
    Lovely post! I really enjoyed reading about all the things at God has taught you/blessed you with over the past year! And thank you so much for tagging me!! *hugs* Sadly, I don't really participate in tags... :'( But I appreciate that tag so much!! :) <3
    Soooo...on to your questions..... One of the biggest things that God has taught me over the past year is the value of true Christian fellowship. It really is SUCH a rare and precious treasure to be able to gather with likeminded Believers in today's increasingly secular and compromising culture! All of my brothers and sisters in Christ are such a treasure to me. <3
    YESSSS!!!!! PLEASEEE tell us more about your WIP!!!! ;););) And your graphic is WONDERFUL!!! The reflection picture was just PERFECT!!
    Haha, 2076.... Wow.... I would officially be old!!!!!! Let me do the math... I would be turning 71 that year! *faints* That's so crazy to think about! xD xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heeey, Sierra!!! XD
      D'awww, THANK YOU!!! Don't worry, girl! That's TOTALLY fine!!! I actually wasn't sure if you did them or not, but I thought I'd tagged you anyway in case you did (also...I had a hard time trying to think of 5 bloggers who hadn't done it yet). XD But you're so welcome!! *hugs you back* :D <333
      Oooh, YES, I absolutely relate with you on that one! It really is hard these days to find true fellow Believers who can help us grow in our faith, rather than tear us down. That's one of the reasons why I love the blogosphere so much!! While I know that not every blogger is a Christian, it really showed me how many more girls my age who were! <333
      AHHH!!!! GIRL, your excitement is seriously making me more excited (and motivated *cough*)! XD Awww, thank you!!! Haha, I know! I literally just saw it there on Canva and was like PERFECT-O! *chef's kiss* XP
      Ikr!?!?! That thought is SO crazy! Oooh, yeah, I forgot we'd be the same age!! We'll have to have a joint b-day party that year or something...XPP

      Delete
  5. I love the graphic you made for this post! Thanks for the tag, I’ll have to do this one asap! ;)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!! Awww, you're absolutely welcome! I hope you enjoy it! :D

      Delete
  6. Ahh! Victoria, this is AMAZING! It is so cool to reflect on all the things God blessed you with. I was blessed with meeting you and the blogosphere! *Gasps* I LOVE your graphic! 😍 Ooooooooh, and I would TOTALLY be interested in reading more about your WIP! Your idea sounds enchanting! (I love Fantasy novels) I really had so much fun reading this post and it was so inspiring. Definitely a Reflections Tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, THANK YOU ALEXA!!! Same, girl!! You're totally one of the coolest blogging friends ever! ;) *Double gasps* Thank you so much!!! I had a lotta fun making it! XD YAAAY!!!! I'm so excited you wanna hear about it!! :D D'awww, girl THANK YOU AGAIN!!!! That means to much to me! <333

      Delete
  7. Okay, wait, wait, WAIT, slow down! You have friends who know how to sword fight AND YOU'VE NEVER TOLD ME?????!!!!!! Like that would be the best thing ever!!!! I'm mildly upset about that. XDD Nah, just kidding. *cough* mostly *cough* Girl, I would soooo love to hear more about your WIP! Y'know, fun fact Victoria's blog readers, I take complete credit for getting this girl to write this book. XDD (Okay, that might be a bit of a stretched. Maybe not CoMpLeTe credit XDD) But I do deserve a teensy tiny bit. 'Cause, girl, I have charted it out. When you first came to TWN in like Nov, you told me that you liked writing but you never had time for it. And then by Dec. you're sending me the opening of your novel. I think we can alllll figure out I totally had something to do with that. (Yes, I'm writing a long random comment about how I totally inspired you to write that book and may or may not be laughing my head off on the other end of the internet. XDDD)

    I think I must've had too much sugar or something, 'cause I don't think I've ever cracked a joke like that in a comment.

    Well, at least not for a while. ;)

    Anyway, girl, back to your first point in the post, WHY ON EARTH WOULD I NOT WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU!!!!! You're like one of THE most amazing people on earth and I literally wanna be just like you when I grow up. I seriously can't believe why YOU'D wanna be friends with li'l ole wacky me!!!! You've been such a blessing to me, girl, and I cannot thank God enough for Him giving me you!!!! *tackle hugs* And I LOOOVE your graphic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL. THIS WHOLE COMMENT. Like...I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY 'CAUSE THIS COMMENT IS LIKE THE BEST ONE I HAVE EVER GOTTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Okay. *takes deep breath* First...*falls into maniacal cackling* Hehehehe, I thought that might catch your attention. Honestly though, I TOTALLY would've told you but I didn't want to make it seem like I was bragging or anything. XD Besides, it's more like their-dad-teaches-them-to-sword-fight-very-now-and-then-with-training-swords-so-it's-not-like-professional-classes, but I will say, it still is pretty cool! XD I actually did a photo shoot with some of the swords and my copy of Fawkes which I think I'll share sometime soon ('cause it should be illegal to not to do something like that when SWORDS are available). XD But if we ever get to meet each other someday, then Imma TOTALLY gonna see if I can borrow them for us to play around with! (OR we could get our own swords and take them on that trip to New Zealand with the bow and arrows and the horse named Legalos)! XPPP

      D'awww THANK YOU!!! Although, you and Kat probably know the most about the story besides my family! XD Oh. OH. I do have a little surprise about it though (which I'm probably gonna wait to post about on my blog for a little bit, but I'm willing to let you and Kat in on it if you wanna know sooner)! Also, you do deserve it since you were the one who got me to write this baby in the first place! XDDD Seriously, THAT WHOLE JOKE. Girl, no offense, but you're a nut! XP "I have charted it out"?!?! That was HILARIOUS!!!! But...you...you may be right. *realization dawns* I mean, I DID say and do all that after coming to TWN. I guess getting to know other teen writers was really encouraging and motivating! (Which, I take it back--there's no "I guess". It's "I know"!) :D Aaaannnnd I also know that you're TOTALLY laughing your head off on your side of the internet. (Mostly 'cause I'm laughing mine off too)!!! XDDD

      *shoves more sugar in your face 'cause jokes like that are da bomb* ;P

      *snort-laughs* XD

      AWWW, GIRL!!!!! *melts into a puddle of happy feels and happy tears and happy chocolate* I don't...I...*tackle hugs you even harder 'cause I'm so emotionally speechless* When you said "You're like one of THE most amazing people on earth and I literally wanna be just like you when I grow up." I SERIOUSLY almost started crying! Like, that means SOOOO much to me even more than words can say!!!! YOU'RE one of the most awesome people in the universe and SUCH an inspiration to me! (Which is only one of the MANY reasons why I would always wanna be friends with you!) ;) If I ever get my book published someday then I'm TOTALLY having it dedicated to you or something!!! <333 Hehehe, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

      Delete
    2. Oooh, girl you should TOTALLY share that photoshoot!!!! It would be sooo awesome!!!!!!! (lol YEAAA!!!!! Well, it is totally illegal to not to do something like that in our world. XD) Hahaahaha, personally I'm voting for the second option 'cause well LEGOLAS!!!

      You're welcome!!! *gasp* NOOOO TELL ME NOOOWWW!!!!! Hehehee, see I told ya. ;) Eh, no offense taken. I am TOTALLY a nut!!!!!! ;p Ha, see I was right all along!!! Oh, no, what have I done to us. We're gonna be laughing like crazy, our peeps are gonna think we have lost it. XD Just don't read these comments out in public. XDD

      *happily accepts the sugar 'cause they really are* XDD

      AWWWWWW, girl *also melts into a puddle of happy feels, tears, and (eeekkk) chocolate* D'awww, girl, you're just the SWEETEST!!!!!!! *gasp* Like, girl, I don't even know what to SAY, the thought that you'd wanna dedicate a book to li'l ole me just makes me happier than words can express!!!!!!!!!!! I've been seriously trying to decide which book I should dedicate to you. Even though, Fairly Impish is unofficially dedicated to you. ;) Whichever book it is, it has to be one of my favorites since you're really SUCH an amazing friend!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    3. Okey-dokey-doo!!! XP I DEFINITELY will then!!!!! (I actually might do it this upcoming week, 'cause it should be easy to whip up since lil' ole me has been procrastinating and working on my story rather than writing blog posts that have actual deadlines...) XD Hahaha, me too! ;)

      YAAAYYY!!!!! I'll tell ya ASAP then!!! Hehehe, that makes two of us! ;P Oh, boy, they're probably gonna think we belong in an insane asylum!! (Or should I say, a nut house?) XDD (Yeah, cheesy jokes for the win!) XP

      OF COURSE I'D WANNA DEDICATE A BOOK TO YOU!!!!! You're literally my writing role model! Awwwww, GIRL!!!! That mean SO much to me! Haha, oh right, it is! ;) SAME, girl!!! Awww, you're such an AWESOME friend too!!!!!!! <333

      Delete
  8. I loved reading your post, Victoria!!!!!! :D That's awesome that God has blessed you and your family with a new church!!!!!!!!! <3 I know what that feels like because several years ago, my family starting going to a new church. The new/not new anymore church really feels home to me and I love all the people there so much!!!!!!! I know you'll love your new church and be really happy to be there!!! <3333

    So far this year, God has taught me more about who He says I am and my identity in Jesus. And I'm learning to trust and believe it.

    YES YES YES OF COURSE I'M INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT YOU WIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D I. Need. To. Know. More. About. Valor. And all of the other characters and their story!!!!!!!!! ;)
    Your graphic is beautiful!!!!!!!!! I love the simplicity of it and the fonts (for some reason I've been interesting in fonts lately XD)!!!! Your graphic is so AWESOME, girl!!!!!
    Since you said you would be in your 70s in 2076, I know I'll be in my 70s as well. (Hehehe, yes, I just got out of doing the math myself *winks*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH, Katherine!!!!!! Ohhh, that's so cool! It can be kinda hard at first, but I'm sooo glad you guys feel right at home there! That's also a SUPER HUGE encouragement for me, so thank you!!! :D <333

      Kat, that's awesome! I've struggled with the exact same thing before (and still do) but we just gotta remember God's the only one who really matters and who He's made us to be is enough!!!

      YAAAY!!!! That means SOOO much to me, girl! Your excitement has seriously made me SO HAPPY!!!! Hehehe, ikr!?! Valor's proooobably my favorite character in the story (but then again, Silas is really growing on me too ...) XD (Speaking of which, I dunno if you read what I said to Issabelle or not, but I mentioned a lil' surprise about it. Would you be interested in getting a sneak peak at that?) ;)
      D'awwww THANK YOU!!!! *Gasps* Ikr!?!? I'm actually pretty interested in fonts too, so same same! XD
      Hehehehehe, that's exactly something I'd do too! #NoShame XD

      Delete
    2. Yes, absolutely!!! We need to remember that God made us as His masterpiece! (Also, I'm working on poem about what God says about us that I'm thinking about sending to a magazine when I'm finished. Would you like to read it and give me feedback? If not, that's totally alright! :)

      Valor is probably my favorite character too!!! (But don't tell the other characters that. XDD) YES, OF COURSE I'd be interested in a sneak peak!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D THANK YOU so much for thinking of me!!!!!!!!!!! :D

      Delete
    3. Exactly! (Ever heard of that Danny Gokey song "Masterpiece"?) ;) *Gasps* That's AWESOME girl!!!! And OF COURSE I'D LOVE TO READ IT!!!!!!! Thank you SOOOO much for thinking about me!!! :D

      Hehehehe, I won't! *zips lips* ;P YAAAAY!!!!!! I'll get it to you as soon as I can!!! Awww, you're so welcome!!! You TOTALLY deserve it seeing how you've been such a big help with me on my story!!! ;) <333

      Delete
    4. Yes, I have! :D I LOVE that song!!!!! :D I listen to it all the time!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! It means so much to me that you want to read it!!!!!!! :) <3333 You're very welcome!!!! <333

      Eekk, I can't wait!!!!!! :D Awww! You're so sweet!!!!! <3333

      Delete
    5. Same!!!!! You're so welcome, girl! I actually just saw it in my inbox and am gonna go read it right now!! :D <333

      Me neither!!! D'awww, thank you!! <333

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Daylight: A 9/11 Short Story// Interview With Author Grace A. Johnson!

Ch. 2: The Time I...Traveled to the 1700s (Feat. My Vacation to Colonial Williamsburg)

I'm Leaving the Blogosphere?