The Sunshine Blogger Award + The Bookworm's Tag


   Surprised to see me again? Yeah, me too. No worries, my friend! As I said a few weeks ago, I would return with a tag post and I aim to keep my word today! So WELCOME, WELCOME one and all to Taggy Tuesdays with Victoria! (That SO sounded better in my head...) XD
    Back in August (yes, it was that long ago) the FABULOUS Allie Jo Anderson tagged me for The Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much for that, girl!! ('Cause I'd actually been dying to do it and almost resorted to stealing it... ) XD Sooo, without further ado, I present to you Tag #1 for today's post!

The Sunshine Blogger Award

The Ruuuules 
  1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and put their link in your post! (Check!)
  2. Answer the questions that the person who nominated you made! (Soon to be check!)
  3. Nominate 11 bloggers and make eleven questions! (Another soon to be check!)
The Questions

What is one little known fact about yourself?

    Oh hmmm, this be a good one. Well, there is one thing that I can think of that most people don't know about. Yours truly is lactose intolerant. *cue the unseen gasps of surprise and probably confusion* For those of you who have no idea what that is, it basically means I can't eat any form of dairy without taking a couple magical pills beforehand. Now, I do sometimes cheat and if I know something doesn't have a looot of dairy in it (like a small chocolate bar, for example) I don't always take the pills just 'cause I'm lazy but if I wanna eat, say, a bowl of ice cream those pills are 500% necessary. XD (They really just prevent an upset stomach though, so it's not life threatening or anything.)

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

    Pretty sure y'all can guess this one (especially if you've read any of my bios). 😉The answer is...NEW ZEALAND. No extra commentary necessary. *grins*

What is one highlight of the last month?

    A highlight of the month, you say?


    *Evil cackles* I think pranking my dad's coworkers could easily fall into that category.
    But no! Someone as sweet and harmless as you would never do that! You may be thinking. 
    Oh YES, my dear friend. Sweet? Sure! Harmless? Most of the time! But let's just say I can have my Loki moments too. 😏My sisters and I actually did this prank together with the encouragement of my dad, lol, when we had to run by his office for a few minutes over last weekend. Let's just say we made a couple adjustments to a...system my dad's team has created that gives "bad tallies" to any of the coworkers who do something offensive or "petty". My dad's office really is like The Office in some ways. *grins* It's honestly quite amusing. Anyway, our prank TOTALLY worked and (after they all freaked out) everyone thought it was hilarious when they found out that my sisters and I were the culprits. (We happen to be very loved at the office and no one would have expected us to be Loki variants.) XD

If you could have any pet, what animal (real or fiction) would it be?

    Well, for a similar question in another tag I did, I said that I'd either want a unicorn or a dragon, so I think I'll go with one of those! Especially since I've ALWAAAYS wanted a horse (but a unicorn would be 100000000x cooler) and, well...dragons are dragons, y'all. How much awesomer can that get? XD (Bonus points if it were a shapeshifting dragon like my grumpy, yet adorkable Malcom Blackfire from the Afterverse series!) 😉

What do you think is the best color combo?

    Huh, why this is an interesting question! I've never really though about it before, but I like gold and black together...and teal and purple...and navy and silver...and olive green and black. *shrugs* I suppose any of those then! Not sure if I can choose which one I like the most though, but that's definitely something I'll be thinking of now! XD

Which would you rather be: a movie director or a movie actor?

    Yo, I would LOVE to be a movie actor! Sure it's a lot of work, but I think seeing how a movie is made and getting to be on screen and stuff would be TOTALLY EPIC.

You just got a new job at your favorite restaurant! What's your job?

    Oh wow, really!?! This is awesome! XD If it's a sit-down restaurant, my new job would totally be being a waitress! I think it'd be fun interacting with people and taking orders and serving everyone their food!! (Rather than actually cooking the food.) XD

If your personality was an animal, what would it be?

    Ooooh, this is another good question! Aaand one that I have no clue for what the answer would be. XD Maybe a dog? Yeah, I’ll go with a dog. But one of those sweet, friendly, I’ll-Do-My-Best-To-Cheer-You-Up-When-You-Seem-Sad kind of dogs. (Not the annoying, yippy little ones. No offense to anyone who owns one, that’s just my preference…)

What would be the first thing you’d do if you won a million dollars?

    Well, the first thing I’d want to do is spend it on myself (dream vacay to New Zealand anyone?) 😉 but I also know I should tithe a portion of it and I'd also want to give some to a charity/non-profit, so I suppose I'd do those two things first and then spend whatever's left on myself. XD

If you could take one fictional character to an amusement park, who would it be?

    WAIT. I have to choose just one?!?!?!


    Be right back. *TAKES DEEP BREATH* Okay, okay, I can do this. No I can't. Y'all, I'm just gonna have to pull another either/or here. XD I'd either wanna take Keefe Sencen from Keeper of the Lost Cities or Sage from The False Prince. They're both the biggest snark buckets of trouble I've ever come across in the literary world which would make it 100000000x cooler to go with one of them. (Even though I'm sure a lot of rules would end up being broken and possibly a war could be started but that's toooootally normal with these guys amiright?)

If you could have any flavor of cupcake what would it be?

    PEPPERMINT!!!! I dunno if peppermint cupcakes even exist (if anyone does know, shout it out in the comments below!) but I still think it would be DEEEEELICIOUS! 😋😉

The Nominees

Anyone who wants to do it! (Yeah, I know that's boring, but I'm pretty sure everyone in the blogosphere has done this tag by now.) XD

The Questions
  1. What was the last book you cried over?
  2. If you could meet any celebrity who would it be?
  3. Think of three death scenes from any book you've read. If you were a character killed off in a story, which of those death scenes would you want to happen to you?
  4. Pineapple on pizza or no pineapple on pizza?
  5. Who is your favorite fictional OTP (one true pairing) and why?
  6. Name one book you have gotten second hand embarrassment from (i.e. a character does something so embarrassing you that you feel humiliated with them).
  7. What is something on your bucket list most people don't know about?
  8. Which do you prefer: Chinese food or Italian food?
  9. What is one book or TV show/movie that you thought you wouldn't enjoy but ended up liking?
  10. Have you ever fallen asleep while reading a book?
  11. Who is your favorite superhero (could be from a movie, book, real life, etc.)?
Now, ONTO TAG #2! The TOTALLY AWESOME JC Woodbury tagged me for this one (which I was also tempted to steal but now I don't have to)!!! 😉THANK YOU SO MUCH for the nomination, Joy!!!


The Bookworm's Tag

The Rules
  1. Thank and link to the blogger who nominated you. (Done!)
  2. Include the tag graphic in your post! (Double done!)
  3. Answer the ten questions the blogger asked. (*eagerly rubs hands together*)
  4. Nominate five to 10 bloggers. (Uhhh *sweats* Gotta think on that one.) XD
  5. Ask your nominees ten book-related questions! (Easy peasy!)
  6. Don't feel obligated by these rules. (Awww, that's sweet! #RebellionTime...Just kidding)
  7. (Most importantly) Have fun! (Will do!)
The Questions

Which book character do you love and why?

    AHHHHHH THERE ARE SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM. *cue the panic attack* Okay, well, the one of the first characters who came to mind (and with whom I’ll choose) is Parvin from Nadine Brandes’ Out of Time series. Y’ALL THIS GAL. She is BY FAR one of my favorite (if not my absolute favorite) female MCs in any of the books I’ve read. For one, her journey in her faith is AMAZING and so, so, so inspiring for me. Plus, even though she was placed in situations I would never be in (or at least let’s hope I’ll never be in) XD, I could always relate to her (from her feelings to her fears to her actions etc.). I just LOVED how Nadine made Parvin so…human and gave her a strength that ultimately came from God and showed how vulnerable and even weak she could be without Him. This forced her to have to rely on God and trust His plan despite how impossible circumstances got. But in the end, because she trusted God and (mostly tried) to do all that she could according to His will (she, of course, made mistakes and didn’t always make the best choices along the way, but who doesn’t) everything worked out in the best way possible. Honestly, I could go on and on about this series (especially on the topic of it being so different compared to other Dystopian novels) but I’ll stop there so this doesn’t turn into an endless happy rant. XD

Which book character do you hate and why?

    Eheheh. Well I have many different levels of hate towards certain characters. For example, we have the “Wow he’s annoying” level, the “That dude is such a jerk” level (these two could probably go into the “dislike” category instead) the “Yeah, he’s just nasty and I hope he dies or at least gets punished” level, and the “AAAUGGGHHH WHY DOES HE EVEN HAVE TO EXIST I WISH YOU WOULD DIE, DIE, DIE AND NEVER RETURN!!!!!” level. So, to be totally optimistic here, we'll go with the last one. *evil cackles*
    There are quite a few characters (specifically antagonists) that have gotten on my bad side, but we'll go with the Ms. Evil Queen Levana from Marissa Meyer's The Lunar Chronicles. Y'all, I'm just tellin' ya, she was baaaad. In the first book, I kinda just thought she was annoying, but by the fifth (?) book I was SO DONE with that woman. She was such a power-hungry, manipulative, murderous, creep and I was SOOOO more than glad when she got what she deserved in the end. Plus, she also apparently had an...immoral background which was explored some in her solo book, but I skipped that one 'cause of the content I had heard that was in it. The rest of the books were good though, and WHOO-BOY the ending of the last book along with the fateful demise Levana faced made me very satisfied with how the series finished! So yeah, I definitely hated her. XD

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks, or hardcovers?

    HARDCOVERRR!!! Those are BY FAR my favorite way to read! But if I have to settle for the other two I will. 😉

Do you ever highlight book quotes that you love?

    YES, but only if it's an ebook. ('Cause you can always get rid of the highlight too.) However, I almost NEVER highlight in paperbacks or hardcovers. (An exception is if I'm reading the book for school and have to find specific things in it.)

In your opinion, which book has the best first line?

    OOOOH YES YES YES. Okay, the first book that popped into my head and does absolute justice to this question would be The Runaway King by Jennifer A. Nielsen! Here's the first line:

    "I had arrived early for my own assassination."

    IS THAT NOT CAPTIVATING OR WHAT, Y'ALL. (Now go read the book so you can find out what happens!) XD

In your opinion, which book has the best last line?

    It takes a good last line for me to be satisfied with the end of a series and especially for a standalone, but the last line of A Time to Rise in the Out of Time series left me breathless and the most satisfied I had EVER felt with a book ending before! I won't share the line just so you can get the privilege of finishing the series strong with it, but lemme just say, IT IS THE BEST.

Which trope is your favorite to read?


    BUT, my favorite (or one of my favorites 'cause it's really impossible to choose) would be the sacrifice trope. *hopes that's actually a real thing* Whether it's the hero or the villain sacrificing something (or even their life) for what's right always tugs my heartstrings (and turns my reading into a sob-fest in some cases). XD

Which trope is your least favorite to read?

    Ooooh, I dunno. I guess...hmmm...well...maybe the, uh, wimpy/prissy girl one oooor...


    I'm 99% sure there's been one that's bugged me in the past but apparently my memory log deleted it 'cause my brain is utterly failing me with this question at the moment. *headdesk*

Do you use random items for bookmarks, or do you use actual bookmarks?

    Both! If I have a real bookmark nearby I'll use it, but if I don't I'll just grab a tissue or piece of paper or something instead (or not use one at all).

In your opinion, is the book always better than the movie?

    Well, judging on what I've seen, YES, 100% absolutely...except for one book series. *everyone's eyes widen anxiously* Now, I don't know how popular this opinion is but...personally I preferred The Hunger Games movies over the books. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the books, but there were some things that the movies left out that I was grateful for and they kinda just wrapped up the whole premise of the series easily in less scenes than what the books had and/or didn't necessarily need. 
    Like, there's a corrupt government. 
    A deadly game for kids.
    A messy love triangle.
    And an archer wins the day. 
    We get it. And the movies summed all of that up nicely with only the most important parts of the books. But that doesn't mean, of course, that I wouldn't read the Hunger Games books again 'cause I probably will! I mean, I really did like them, but I just preferred the movies a bit more.

The Nominees

    I think this is a more recently born tag (maybe?) so I'll go ahead and think of some bloggers (but if you've already done it don't feel obligated to do it again—just if you want to!)
The Questions
  1. Which book have you read that you wish you had written?
  2. What is your favorite classic?
  3. What is one book you want to see made into a movie?
  4. If you had to burn any book on your bookshelf which one would it be? (I know, I'm so mean.) XD
  5. Which book inspired your love for reading?
  6. Would you rather spend a day with the author of your favorite book or spend three hours with the main character in your favorite book?
  7. What is one book you have re-read before?
  8. Which book brings back the most childhood memories?
  9. What is your favorite romance trope?
  10. Audiobooks or no audiobooks?



    WE MADE IT. I think that turned out much longer than I thought, but that's okay! I hope y'all enjoyed reading the answers to these tags and, to all my nominees: have fun with my questions and I can't wait to see y'all's answers!

Tally-ho!

    Enough about me, let's talk YOU! What's a highlight of this month for you? What would you do if you had a million dollars? Who's your favorite book character? Also, is anyone else's mind blown that we only have FoUr DaYs left till Christmas!?! (Mine sure is and I need to get started on wrapping presents...) XD   

Comments

  1. So much fun!
    Yasss to Keefe or Sage to an amusement park. I’m laughing just thinking about it 🤣
    And yes- that may be the best opening line, E.V.E.R.
    Ps. I’m lactose intolerant too 😉😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!
      Girl, that would just be THE BEST. I...I'm for real wishing it could happen. XD
      ISN'T IT THOUGH. Jennifer A. Nielsen writes such amazing hooks!
      Really!?! *high-fives* You totally get what I mean then! ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for tagging me, Victoria. :D I really loved reading your answers, and I too, dislike weak girls in fiction...I don't know weepy girls just aren't fun to write/read. Also I LOVE that quote that you posted it makes me want to read the book. ;)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome!!! I wasn't sure if you do tags or not, but if you end up doing it, I can't wait to see your answers! I knooooow!!! Girls like that can be so annoying. (I mean, some weepiness is tolerable but if it continues for about forever then it can get pretty frustrating.) XD YOU SHOULD!!! It's SOOO good!!! (Just make sure to read the first book before you do.) ;)

      Delete
    2. Hi Victoria, I just wanted to let you know that I just did the tag. :) So you can check out my answers on my blog.
      -Quinley

      Delete
    3. YAAAY!!! I can't wait to read it!! Do you mind sending me the link though, cuz for some reason I couldn't find the post...

      Delete
    4. Okay awesome, here is the link to the post: https://adventure1359.blogspot.com/2022/01/never-have-i-ever-book-edition.html
      I hope you enjoy reading my answers. :)
      -Quinley

      Delete
    5. Whoo-hoo!!! Thank you so much! Going to check it out right now!!! :D

      Delete
  3. P.S. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year's. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much!!! Right back atcha, girl! ;)

      Delete
  4. Hey, Victoria! Okay, first of all, I'd like to apologize for totally disappearing from your blog for such a long time. *coughs* Life has just been insane. But I'm gonna try to comment more, because I really miss reading your awesome posts! Thanks for doing the bookworm tag!

    I'm actually reading A Time to Die, the first in the Out of Time series, right now. Personally, I didn't love Parvin at the beginning (I didn't love or hate her), but toward the middle she started to win me over, and now that I'm at the ninety percent mark I definitely do like her! Jude is my favorite character, though. Thanks for not spoiling the series. ;)

    I LOVE the sacrifice trope! (And I'm pretty sure it's a thing, lol.) A character who sacrifices himself for another character will always, always win me over. That's probably why Jude is my favorite in A Time to Die because I loved the part with him and Willow (trying to be vague in case anyone's reading this comment who hasn't read the book). And when he takes a concussion for Parvin. I already liked him before but those things made me like him even more.

    Also, I'm starting to wonder if you say "tally ho" a lot because of Out of Time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double hey, Joy! ;) Awww, don't worry a bit! I've actually not been as active in the blogosphere much either (due to life as well) so I 100% understand!! Hey, you're so welcome!!! THANK YOU (again) ;) for tagging me!!!

      *SUPER LOUD GASP* WAIT YOU ARE!?!?! THAT'S AWESOME!!! Oh boy, oh boy, you are gonna LOVE the series (well...I hope you do). XD Book 3 was by far my FAV so definitely make sure to get to that one (book 2 was kinda slow at some parts but it's TOTALLY worth persevering through)!!!! Ah yes, I actually felt the same way with Parvin at first, but she grew on me too by the end of book 1. *faints* GIRL DON'T GET ME STARTED WITH THAT PRECIOUS CINNAMON ROLL BY THE NAME OF JUDE. XD I just...*sobs* ILoveHimSoMuch. XD (Although there is another guy in the series I love even more but I won't say his name just in case of those...you know...SPOILERS.) But TOTALLY TOTALLY TOTALLY contact me or SoMeThInG whenever you need to fangirl/talk about the series 'cause I would love nothing more than to scream about it again. XD (Aaaand now I wanna re-read the whole series.)

      YEESSS GIRL!!! Honestly, I think I love it so much because in OUR life stories, Jesus pulled the sacrifice trope for us and that makes it so relatable for me when reading it in books. OH YES I forgot that Jude did do those two sacrifices! Although, my memory on the concussion one is a little foggy...*shrugs* must be time for a re-read then! XD

      Ahahaha you caught on to it!!! *awards you with the Secret of the Tally-Ho Trophy* XD In this case then, I suppose I'll sign off with it! Tally-ho! ;P

      Delete
  5. These were so much fun to read! I always enjoy learning more about writers through tags.

    Just by the way, since you asked, we do get choc-mint muffins/cupcakes (close enough?) here in South Africa, and they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you very much!!! Hey, me too! *high-fives* (Which, while we're on the topic, I visited your blog, saw the Blography Tag, and LO AND BEHOLD noticed you nominated me!! So, even though it's super late (what else is new though...) XD I will DEFINITELY be doing that soon! Thank you so much for the tag!!!)

      *Gasps* NO WAY. O.O That...that's AWESOME. (And YES, chocolate and mint is TOTALLY close enough (probably better 'cause, I mean, it's cHoCoLaTe). :P Seriously though, I'm like so jealous right now. XD Surely, SURELY America has them too...*shifts gaze around in search one* If they don't though, I'm gonna be hopping on a plane and coming to South Africa because I MUST try one. So you just expect that. XD

      Delete
  6. I loved your answers for these!! Would it be okay if I potentially stole these? I stumbled across your blog after Quinley tagged me for the Never Have I Ever Tag: Book Edition
    New Zealand is such a good choice.
    All the best people have their Loki streak lol XD



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much Elizabeth!!! Lol, of course girl! (Feel free to lemme know when you answer them too! I'd love to see your responses!!) :D YES! I actually just came from there to read her answers to that tag!
      Ahhh, yes, it really is though, isn't it? ;)
      AHAHAHA, yeppers! Doesn't hit me often but when it does...look out! XD
      Thank you again so much for stopping by!!! That means a lot to me! <33

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Daylight: A 9/11 Short Story// Interview With Author Grace A. Johnson!

Ch. 2: The Time I...Traveled to the 1700s (Feat. My Vacation to Colonial Williamsburg)

I'm Leaving the Blogosphere?