Ch. 4: The Time I...Was Drugged For Nefarious Purposes (1 Year Blogoversiary Edition!)

    A few weeks ago I suddenly realized, "Well woulda look at that! My blogoversiary is coming up!" And woulda look at that even more, it's not just any blogoversiary—it's my FIRST one! Needless to say, I was excited. And even more needless to say, I promptly forgot about it five minutes later. I then remembered it a few days ago and figured that I should probably start preparing a special blog post for it. (Whether this actually ends up being "special" I'll let you decide). While I wanted it to be cool, I also wanted it to be unique. Something that fits me. 
    So, after much thought, I finally decided to give y'all another chapter in "The Time I..." series! However, this chapter isn't just any old chapter. This one details the events of how I started my blog and what happened to me afterwards (and yes, as the title states, it maaaay include the topic of me getting drugged don't worry though, it was legal). 
    Before we dive into the story, however, I'd like to highlight a few accomplishments on my blog in the past year! Also, stay tuned until the end for a semi-exciting announcement! (I add "semi" because it's actually pretty average, so don't get your hopes up for something INCREDIBLY awesome like Legolas guest posting...)
    ANYWAY. Lemme share a few cool facts about my blog from the past year!
  • In the last 12 months, I've had 10.4K views.
  • According to Google Analytics, my Top Referrer is "Other". *blinks* Out of the 20 referrers listed (including GoOgLe itself) 9.76K of my blog's viewers have traveled here via some mysterious pathway that seems to be quite popular. Do I find this unnerving? Yes, yes I do. Do I wholly applaud the work of Other to get people here? Most definitely.
  • My most EXCITING discovery was that 49 of my blog's views have come from NEW ZEALAND. O.O I have no idea who is reading this blog or accidentally coming to it or creepily stalking me on it but may I just say...

    I love your country. I've never been there. But I love it. *nods* LetMeComeVisitYou
  • Apparently I have 522 comments on my blog spanning across 32 posts.
  • My top 3 most popular posts are Chapters 1 and 2 in "The Time I..." series and then my "I'm Leaving the Blogosphere?" post. That was so much fun y'all *gleeful cackles*
  • Aaand the most I posted was 5 times in August (that...stamina has kinda flopped since then *coughs*).
I mainly just wanted to share these 'cause I find them fascinating, but all the credit to the growth of this blog (however big or small) goes to God! 😉 And I'm so thankful to all of you dedicated people who are willing to read my posts when you can!! My blog wouldn't be this successful without you all!! ❤❤❤


*continues hugging*

...

*hug starts to get awkward*

...

*all of you who are so 500% done with this*


NOW. I present to you the NEXT installment of my not-so-wild-adventures-that-end-up-sounding-wild! (Honestly guys, you can make anything intriguing with enough sarcasm, all caps, and GIFs). If you missed the past three chapters, you can find them here:

    The day was April 5, 2021—one year ago today.

    Obviously. 

    I woke up nervous because I knew what this day held. 

    I was going to publish my very first blog post. And then...an evil fate would await me afterwards.

    The following details are vague, blurry, and partially made up to substitute the Lost Memories of the day. *sighs* That doggone drug...


    I probably half stumbled/flopped out of bed like normal and dressed in a super relaxed outfit. Sweatpants and a soft T-shirt to be exact. I'd have to be comfy for the following...events...after all. I roamed around the house and found my dad doing whatever he was doing at the moment. Besides us, the house was empty...

    At 7:30 in the morning.

    My sisters and mom were nowhere in sight.

    I knew where they were though and my stomach flopped at the thought. They were at the Place I would be going to in the next hour or so. But I didn't want to think about that. So I channeled my nervousness into publishing my blog. I sat down on my parents' bed, made the last few edits to the post, and proofread it more times than necessary. Then I leaned back and stared at the PUBLISH button. Was I really ready to do this? On today of all days? When I would be going to the Place and getting that Thing done in the next hour? When such events would incapacitate me for the rest of the afternoon?
    
    The clock ticked closer to eight.

    Eight was the automated publication date I set.

    My hands sweated.

    No.

    Should I?

    It felt like my heartbeat was a drummer at a rock concert.

    That doesn't even make any sense.

    I swallowed and...

    ...canceled the publication time.

    This was a bad idea. I wouldn't be able to manage a blog with the state I would be in this afternoon. I should just wait until tomorrow. 
    But then a little flame of resolution sparked in the back of my mind. No, I would do this. Because I was Victoria Crooks: Master Procrastinator and Doer of Risky Ideas.
    
    I would publish this blog post today.
    
    Because I was crazy.
    
    I was awesome.
    
    I would be able to make this story a blog post someday (i.e. today).
    
    And most of all...it was April 5th. And I just really liked the sound of publishing my blog on April 5th. The date just sounded solid. Hopeful. Epic.
    So at 8:15 on the dot, I published my very first post and made my blog official. Soli Deo Gloria was finally live. (If you want to read the beginning post you can do so HERE). I smiled, very proud of myself doing such an amazing feat that was so unnecessarily nerve-wracking.
    
    Then I looked at the clock once more. 
    
    Oh no.
    
    I couldn't deal with my blog anymore at the moment because it. Was. Time.
    
    Time to go to the Place.
    
    Time to get the Thing done.

    I marched to the car, climbed in, and Dad drove me There. At least I would get to see my sisters...or...what was left of them.
    We arrived and I crawled out of the car, edging up the concrete stairs to the Doors of Doom. Then...I proceeded inside. The interior of the Place was silent. To my left was a room with a lot of chairs. I peek in and my eyes widen. There was my mom! And my sister Lydia! They were alive! Well, I figured my mom would be, but not so much Lydia. I padded in, greeted the members of my family, and looked at Lydia in confusion.
    "Have you not been Taken Back Yet?"
    "No," Lydia said slowly. A look of dread crossed her face, tears welled up in her eyes, and in a saddened/fearful tone added, "Emma hasn't Emerged."
    I gasp!


Lydia shakes her head and a single drop of liquid from her eye's lacrimal gland falls down her cheek.
    

Emma...Emma was Gone.



    Okay okay okay....I guess I should probably explain the situation before continuing. That day, my sisters and I were getting our wisdom teeth out. Lydia and Emma had appointments in the morning before I did which is why I left with Dad later. (And was able to get my blog going). When we got there, something had happened (Em got taken back later than planned maybe?) which pushed Lydia's time back and then pushed my time back. All the more reassuring amiright?
    Anyway. Back to the story. I'll spare you from the drama. I sat down in one of the chairs and anxiously awaited. After several minutes, Lydia was taken back and Emma was brought out. We waved at each other and then she disappeared. I think Dad took her home and Mom stayed with me, but I'm not entirely sure. I was too busy stealing my nerves at the moment and reading Owl Hollow Press's Change the World anthology. But soon, it was my turn.


    The nurse lady took me from the waiting room and we plodded down the hallway. One step closer to the surgery. One step closer to losing four teeth that are about as useful as an appendix. One step closer to the drug. I knew I was getting it and was actually glad. The drug (okay, it's really just anesthetics...or anesthesia...or whatever) would knock this ole gal out so I wouldn't be awake for the Removal. But of course, I still had the lingering fear of waking up during the surgery. 
    I leaned back in the chair and got myself situated.
    
    This chair is comfy.
    
    This chair is cozy.
    
    This chair is—WOAH WOAH WOAH.
    
    WhAt Is ThAt.
    
    On a nearby table, I caught the glimpse of a disturbingly...large...needle.
    
    Surely that can't be for me.
    
    But then the nurse picks it up.
    
    And then the nurse approaches me with it.
    
    Oh dear.

    This must be the InFaMoUs IV that I heard about.


No worries, I can do this. It's just a needle...the size of Jupitar. I gulp. No, no I can't. I look at the nurse and she gives me a look right back that 100% says:


Hehehehe. Um. Okay. Halp Me. 


    Nevertheless, I made it. And pretty soon, after the nurse did a few more things, I sloooooooooooooowly felt myself fall asleep. Honestly, I actually like the feeling of anesthesia knocking ya out. It's like you KNOW what's happening, but it's so relaxing you don't even want to fight it off and then boom. Next minute you're awake with no recollection of what happened while you were asleep.
    Which obviously proves I didn't wake up during the Removal. Waking up actually took a while and I only remember blurriness, trying to talk to mom, being taken to the car, and finally going home. The rest of the afternoon, my sisters and I literally laid in the living room for like, five hours straight watching TV. (If I recall, we watched Soul Surfer, the Flash, and one episode of the Arrow.
    Oh, and we groveled in pain. That too. *nods*

*literally me that day and the following week*

    But the pudding and ice cream and smoothies definitely made up for it. *grinz* Not much else happened after that, but I think we can all agree on one thing:
    I was drugged for the nefarious purpose of losing a part of my mouth hmmm that sounded a bit weird



And if I, the person who probably has the lowest pain tolerance in the history of ever, can do it...


    Aaaand there's the end of that pep talk and the story! But seriously, if you ever have questions about getting wisdom teeth out (or if you're going to get it done and are nervous) TOTALLY feel free to ask me what it's like or for any advice! I especially excel in pulling the "can you do this or that for me? Pleeeeeeeaaaaseeee? It's not myyyyy fault my mouth is dying and I'm mentally unstable from the anesthesiaaaa..." excuse. I like to call it Manipulation 101. My parents would call it Whining 101. And my sisters would call it Something You Do Every Day 101.
    Before wrapping this post up however, I shall present to you the Semi-Exciting Announcement!!! Is EvEryBoDy ReAdy???


    I. AM. STARTING. A........NEWSLETTER!! I think in one post notification a while back I did a newsletter style thing, but then I realized, "Oh wait, most newsletters are separate from notifications." XD So we can call that thing I did a while back a "test run" lol. That said, if you want to sign up for my newsletter you can do so down below! My newsletter will be released quarterly and be filled with exclusive content like personal life updates from the past three months, special writing peeks and offers, encouragement, free goodies, lotsa GIFs, and, of course, chocolate. ;P So hit that button below to get in on the extra fun!!


    Thank you so much for the love and support y'all have given me this past year and I hope this upcoming year will be filled with just as much fun!

Tally-Ho!

    Can you believe it's been one year since I started this blog? (I can't, lol) Have you gotten your wisdom teeth out before? Have you had anesthesia? I'd love to hear all about it in the comments below!

Comments

  1. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! That post was. AMAZING!!!!! XDDD Ohh New Zealand. Maybe Hobbits are reading your post. who knows *shrugs* I am dreading getting my Wisdom Teeth pulled out in who knows how many years, but that post was very funny. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! *Super huge gasp* That...that would be amazing. O.O The thought of Hobbits reading my post is WaY ToO EpIc. (I will now be imagining that all day...) XDD Oof. Yeeeaaah, I was dreading it too, but I'm glad it's over with. XD *bows* A million thank yous, m'dear! I'm so happy you found it amusing!!!! :P

      Delete
  2. Hahaha I loved this post, Victoria! �� Very funny and entertaining, thank you for the smiles this morning!! And CONGRATS on your first blogiversay!!!!! �� That's an incredible accomplishment, great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEK!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, Allie!!!!!! Awww, you're absolutely welcome!! (I try my best, lol!) XD Awww, girl, THANK YOU!!!! That means so much to me!!! <333 *hugs*

      Delete
  3. UGH THIS WAS AMAZING. I literally was cackling so hard whilst reading this! And ConGRaTulATionS on 1 whole year of blogging!! *blows party horn in your ear* *confetti* I seriously didn't think you would make it, but here we are! XD

    Also. I do not recall CRYING. XD I remember sitting in the Waiting Room of Doom, rubbing my sweaty palms on my pants, and watching "The Young and the Restless" on an antiquated television. (That was a fairly stupid show.) When I got the IV, I kinda felt like I was...I dunno... getting the Winter Soldier formula injected into my body. It was kind of cool until I, y'know, passed out. XD Getting my wisdom teeth removed was AWFUL. I don't even like thinking about it. *shudders* Although, I must admit, one of the best parts of the whole experience was when BOTH nurses told me that I look like Millie Bobby Brown. *sniffs with dignity* XD

    And YES you did whine a bit, especially when you didn't get the flavor of pudding that you wanted. *smirks* (Is it just me, or does pudding taste better with a plastic spoon??) However, you were much braver than I was, because you didn't hide every time our friends FaceTimed us. In my defense, I looked like a chipmunk. (We all did)

    Also, I signed up for your newsletter. YAY! I am expecting my chocolate with eagerness.

    Anyways, this was an EPIC post, and the GIFs just made it a million times more entertaining. Even though I knew what you were talking about, I still felt like I was reading some horror/sci-fi novel when you entered The Place. *laughs*

    You've done a great job with this blog and I'm so proud of you for coming this far. *cough* That felt too mushy. *slaps you on the back* NICE JOB, OLD SPORT. <3

    (I felt like Jay Gatsby just then)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH THANK YOU SO MUCH. XD But seriously, that means a lot, bean!!! *hugs* *goes deaf from the party horn* *does backflips and cartwheels and roundhouse kicks in the confetti* Ah yes, I find your lack of faith in me disturbing. (Okay, I had as much or more lack of faith in myself as well so #NoJudging...ForNow) XP

      Yeah yeah, I know. It was for the dRaMa dear, nothing less. XD Ick. "The Young and Restless". I couldn't remember if it was actually on that day or not, so I decided to exclude it from the post. (Or else this post would have turned into "The Time I...Roasted Soap Operas"...) >.> ASLKFJASDLKFJ. I SHOULD HAVE IMAGINED MYSELF AS THE WINTER SOLDIER. O.O That would have made the whole experience 1000% BETTER. Oh...yeah. Now I remember you saying that. *kinda glowers in jealousy* I wanna look like an actress. *pouts like a two year old*

      Hmmm...I can't say I remember whining over pudding. (But I wouldn't be surprised if I did so...) XD Pudding is LIFE. (And pudding most definitely tastes better in a plastic spoon. *nods*) LOLOL you did NOT want them to see you! XDDD I remember that. That was hilarious. We were like Chip and Dale. *cackles* *er...chatters* *er...does whatever sound a chipmunk makes*

      Good for you. *pats you on the back* *hands you the chocolate* *smirks cuz it's virtual*

      AWWWW GRACIAS MI HERMANA!!!! *super huge hug and gives you peanut butter Ritz crackers* I had TOO much fun trying out the horror/thriller genre for a moment there...XDD

      *sniffs* THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Your sweet words have seriously made my day! <333 *coughs* Yeah, that did...just a bit. XD *slaps you back*

      (And I felt like Nick Carraway, eheh)

      Delete
  4. *dies laughing* I love reading your blog. xD It always makes me laugh. xD
    I got an IV (of course you read that post, right?) and it was awwffffuuullll. But yeah, I DID survive even though it was awful. xD
    Happy Anniversary!! *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW, LIBERTY!!!!! You seriously have no idea how much that means to me!!!! *hugs*
      OH YEAH, I remember that! (I definitely read the post, but I can't remember if I ended up commenting?? *goes back to look* ARGH I didn't!! Oops, my bad, eheh. I thought I did, but I guess I thought wrong.) XD BUT YES, it was sooo awful!!! (I gotta say though, your experience was a whole lot worse *sad eyes* But I'm SOOO glad you got better!!!!) Lol, you and me both! XDD
      THANK YOU SO MUCH girl!!!!!! <333

      Delete
    2. Haha, I'm glad! *hugs*
      Yeah it was kinda traumatic I must say. *sweaty face* (lol that's okay I somehow knew you read it. xD I guess I was just guessing, lol) Yeah I'll bet!! Getting my wisdom teeth removed is gonna be soooo scary. I haven't had to yet but... *wide eyes* (aww, yeah it was pretty scary. THANK YOU!! I'm so glad too.) xD xD
      YOU'RE WELCOME girl!!!!! <333

      Delete
    3. I bet!! I'd be traumatized myself if I had to go through what you did! *shivers* (Lol, psychic maybe...? Jk) XDD Yeeaaah, I mean, it's not the most *terrible* thing ever (I'd rather get my wisdom teeth removed than get shot or something) XD but I'm still glad it's over with lol. (Awww, you're so welcome!!) <333

      Delete
    4. Yeah it's still kinda scary to think about. *shivers* (lol... maaaybe? *brings finger to my temple and cocks my head in a certain way* XDD) Haha yeah. (lol definitely) <3333

      Delete
    5. (*cackles knowing what that certain way looks like* I love it when he does that.) XDD

      Delete
  5. Whoaaa! Congratulations!! Huuugeness!!
    Hugs to you girl!
    I love your story!!
    Your first post is awesome!
    Happy Easter!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEK!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
      Awww, huge hugs back to you girl!!
      Hehehe, why thank you! XD
      Lolol, well I'm glad someone thinks so...XDD
      Happy (late lol) Easter to you too!!!! <333

      Delete
  6. Congrats on a one year blogiversary!! I laughed so hard reading this post 😂 The gifs were perfect. And I just got my wisdom teeth out two months ago so this was very relatable.
    Also, this is just pure speculation, but you actually requested I write a post once, which I did ("4 Ways to Use Your Magic System During Fight Scenes"), and that one has been the literal BIGGEST post on my blog for the past forever months, so *possibly* people clicked onto your blog from that post? The stats sorta match up, but I dunno why it doesn't say my blog name if it is actually from me 😂 Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there lol
    I signed up for your newsletter too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAHHH!!! Thank you SOOOOOO much Mary!!!!!! MWAHAHAHA I'm so glad!!! Oof...we can be wisdom teeth survivors together. XDD
      *SUPER HUGE GASP* I remember that post!!! I loved that one!! WHAAAAT!?!? NO WAY. O.O That is SOOOO COOL!!!!!!!! *checks my stats again* *Another huge gasp* You're so right girl!!!! One of the referral URLs is to that post!!!!!! Wow...that revelation has totally made my day. I..I don't know why, but it just has. XDDD Thank you so much for sharing that!!!
      AWWWW THANK YOU!!!!! *hugs*

      Delete
  7. Happy (belated) Blogiversary, Victoria! :) I really enjoyed reading your post, and also signed up for your newsletter. ;)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww!!! Thank you so much girl!!!!!! *hugs* I'm so so happy to have you in the newsletter family!! ;P <33

      Delete
  8. What a fun post!
    I had my wisdom teeth out, too, about... three years ago, I think? Four? I didn't get knocked out; just a local anesthetic. I was utterly terrified due to the girl in the office (coming down off of whatever drug they'd given her) sobbing and wailing and rocking back and forth. Terror, I tell you. Bad reaction to the meds, my mom heard after I was marched back.
    Mom, who'd had this done, told me there was going to be a metal gun-looking thing they'd shove in my mouth with the needle inside it (apparently her dentist had different tools 25 years ago...), so I was equally terrified at the massive needle being brandished callously by the attending nurse.
    But! I survived. And your story sounds better than mine did. XD
    (I got orange jello, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww THANK YOU SO MUCH Rose!!!!
      OH MY GOODNESS. That poor girl!! I would be absolutely traumatized to see someone react that way to the meds. *shivers*
      WAIT. THAT'S how they take the teeth out!?!?! *gulps* I was not told how the teeth would actually come out. O.O I...I'm so glad I didn't know that at the time. It would have made everything 10 times worse! XD LOL, I love how you said "brandished callously"!! That's PERFECT. XDD
      YES GIRL!!! Surviving is all that counts. ;P What!? No, your story sounds just as awesome!!!! I had so much fun reading it!!!
      (ORANGE JELLO FOR THE WIN!!!!!) :P

      Delete
  9. Hello, Victoria! Oh my WORD! I love your blog! I’m so excited to read more of your posts! I was laughing so hard while reading this and then in such anxiety and terror XD This is like my worst nightmare, so to say I was at the edge of my seat while reading this is an understatement *laughs nervously *. Congratulations on your blog anniversary (even though I’m a bit late) and on your newsletter! <3 How exciting!!! *runs to sign up*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Moriyah!!! Awww THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! YESSSS, mission accomplished!!! XD Oh my goodness, is it weird to say I'm proud of making this post so terrifying?!?! XDD I TOTALLY understand though, because surgeries can be really scary. But thankfully, most doctors know what they're doing! ;P EEEKK!!! Thank you a million!! That means so much to me! *hugs* <33

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Daylight: A 9/11 Short Story// Interview With Author Grace A. Johnson!

Ch. 2: The Time I...Traveled to the 1700s (Feat. My Vacation to Colonial Williamsburg)

I'm Leaving the Blogosphere?